Letting Go(Chapter Two)

I ran into the house and packed my bags, only to find he was only in the bedroom. I froze in complete fear. I didn't know If it was Elijah or that thing that I just saw outside. I reached over to the dresser and pulled out the top drawer. I slide my hand under the bottom until I could feel my gun. He began to move towards me and I quickly took and aimed the gun at him. Shaking, I moved towards the door, my bag in my hand. He didn't follow he stood there looking at me. his eyes were grey and cold. I knew that wasn't my husband it was something else. With the gun still pointed at him, I thought back to this morning when he asked me about the bruises and if I "remembered" how I had gotten them. I backed out the door and as soon as it wasn't in sight I ran down the stairs and out to the garage. Threw my bags in the passenger seat and started the engine.

I looked around to see if he was anywhere around me, he wasn't. I took a deep breath and started the car. I pushed the button in the car to open the garage and as the door opened I saw two feet, then knees, a waist, shoulders and then the face with the same grey and cold eyes. There was no emotion on his face. I revved the engines hoping it would flinch or move. It stood there staring at me, it didn't blink, I felt a surge of nothing but pure fear fill my entire body. Without taking a minute to think, I took my foot and slammed it on the gas. The car went flying forward and I closed my eyes as I came closer to the body of what appeared to be my husband. I heard the thud of the body but I didn't stop. I didn't turn around. I didn't want to see the man I'm in love with body laying on ground.

Especially because I am the one who ran him over.

When I got to the third stop light down the road, I couldn't hold my tears in any longer. I felt streams of salty tears run down my face, my vision started to get foggy and I knew I couldn't drive much further. I pulled over into the Quicktrip gas station and tried to process all that was happening to me. Although, the more I thought about it the more my head hurts and the more the tears would flow. I banged my head repeatedly against the wheel, eventually I left it there and let the car horn blare. My phone rang and I glanced at it. It read...Elijah. Could it be him, could it really be him. I answered with a shaky voice, "Hello?."

There was heavy breathing in the phone, then it went dead. I quivered and began to scream.

After about an hour of screaming I regained my composure, started my car back up and began to drive to my best friend, Alicia's, house.

I pulled up to her house and I felt this feeling like something bad had happened.

I slowly took the keys out of the ignition, grabbed my gun and walked to the front door.

Something was wrong I could feel it.