Last Night(Chapter One)

"Baby!", I heard my loving husband call my name all the way from the downstairs kitchen. I knew he would have messed up something considering the fact he cannot cook worth anything. He got up this morning thinking that he would surprise me with breakfast in bed, yet every time he tries he doesn't succeed. I've learned to just live with it. He does it out of love. I throw on my bathrobe and drag myself out of bed. Walking down the stairs I hear my legs pop and my back pop, and I wonder why my bones are so sore. I walked slowly into the kitchen and my husband looks up at me, and his face quickly turns from his glowing smile to a worried frown. He walks forward, grabs my waist pulling me towards his warm chest. I would have been lost in his beautiful brown eyes if it wasn't for the teapot going off, causing him to let go.

As he walked away he turned around and said,"Ambrosia, baby, what happened to you?. You look exhausted.!"

"Elijah, baby there is nothing wrong I'm..." I paused feeling a pulsing pain start to grow in my side. I ran to the downstairs bathroom puzzled and immediately sling off my robe. Only to see my hair messed up more than usual and bruises that formed the shape of hands. I grabbed my robe and ran into the kitchen.

"Baby.!, What happened to me.?" I screamed.

"Ahhhhhh," I remember. He exclaimed as he continued to rake what seemed to be burnt French toast and eggs in the trash can. He clinked the pots and plates down and slowly turned around.

"Ambrosia, honey...",he paused, and took a deep breath,"do you not remember anything from last night.?"

I plopped down in the kitchen, crossed my arms and closed my eyes. Images began to flow into my head. A long days work, coming home and Elijah had pedals leading up to a luxurious bath that he had drawn for me. I stripped out of my worn down work clothes and eased my way into the bath. I laid my head back and let out a low moan. I felt two icy hands start going down my chest and I quickly sat up and turned around. My eyes bugging out my head coming to a quick calm to see my thoughtful husband. He leaned in slowly and pressed his lips against mine, they taste like sweet strawberries. He passionately caressed my body and in return I took off his clothes. I pulled him into the bath where we continued to enjoy each other's company. His arms wrapping around my body, his gentle lips on my neck and at that moment I could have never felt my heart beating so fast yet I was calm.

I began to hear my name in a faint voice. "Ambrosia....Ambrosia...?" It was Elijah trying to get my attention. I guess I might have zoned out.

"Yes,Darling.?" I sang with a beautiful tone.

"Did you hear anything I was saying?,"he barked.

"I'm sorry baby I was thinking about last night." I snapped.

"Awww, looks like you have a sex hangover. I told you you weren't ready for that side of me yet," he teased as he walked over and sat next to me in the chair.

"No, I was thinking about that pathetic thing in your pants.!" I scoffed and walked out of the kitchen. As I walked up stairs I felt ill and went back down to give him a hug and say sorry but he wasn't there anymore. I stood there confused and concerned. I ran around the house trying to figure out where he could have gone so quickly. I threw on Elijah's work boots and ran out into the far barn. I stopped and dropped to the ground catching my breath when I saw Elijah. He was chopping wood, when I caught my breath I ran up to him. His face wasn't the same, it was demonic and angry. I grabbed his arm am he growled I backed away slowly and without hesitation he reared back the axe and lunge it forward he stopped an inch from my face. He stopped dropped the axe, fell to his knees. His face changed back to normal, and all I could think about was what in the hell was in my husband.