2

Troye's pov

Fuck.

Peter drops the gun and drops to his knees, the two male police officers running up to him and pinning him to the ground while I pull away from a breathless Jacob. One gets up and approaches us while the other cuffs Peter, bringing him back up to his knees.

"Back away from each other, down on your knees, hands where I can see them." He orders.

I look up at him, about having a double-take and him doing the same.

"Deputy Dickens-"

"Troye Mellet?! The bloody hell are you doing here?" He questions, furrowing his brows at me and giving me an unimpressed look.

My cheeks heat up impossibly more, so bad to the point where I feel like my body is on fire. I set my hat on the ground and raise my hands in surrender, Jacob grunting under his breath as he drops to his knees next to me. His head droops low as he breathes heavily, clearly coming down from his high.

"Sir, cover your genitalia and keep your hands where I can see them. Can you do that?" Deputy Dickens requests of Jacob while walking behind me and moving my hands behind my back. He swiftly cuffs my wrists together and helps me to my feet.

From the corner of my eye, I'm able to see Jacob buttoning his trousers, getting cuffed, and stood up against the car.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, why am I being arres-"

He sighs, "I am arresting you in suspicion of sexual activity in a public lavatory and public disturbance. You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence. Do you understand?"

"I understand."

And from there on, I hear the two speak into their dispatches and clarify with Jacob and Peter that they're being arrested. We're shooed into the back of the car in no time, the gunman being set between us so that no "unlawful acts" take place.

"Jacob, what the fuck do we do?" I whisper, Peter scoffing under his breath.

I don't hear a peep from him, looking over to see him staring out the window in a dream-like state, seeing to be eight different kinds of out of it. I sigh, adjusting my hands behind my back and leaning against them, the metal of the cuffs chilling up my spine. Once again I will say it. How the fuck did I end up here?