The Beginning.

[Kid's POV]

I was walking to school with my two weapons Liz and Patty, who were of course, nagging me to suck it up about my symmetry obsession. I decide to ignore them since I got used to it every day, but I still couldn't get over the perfect symmetry of my father's school. 

Yep, I was proud that I was the son of Lord Death himself. But, at the same time, I wasn't. How could someone like me be the son of the reaper god himself? How could I take his place? Thinking about this made time pass by quicker, as we were already walking up the steps to the DWMA. 

[Soul's POV]

"Damn, you can be so uncool sometimes, Maka." I called out to my meister, who recently hit me in the head with that goddamn book. Yeah, I can be a jerk. But that book knocks some sense into you. 

I sped up my motorcycle so we could finally make it in time to the DWMA, instead of being late like the past week. Maka just complained about Blair the whole way, which was giving me a headache. I decided to listen to some heavy metal because it's what cool guys like me do. Once we got there, we still were 7 minutes late. I sighed as I hopped off my bike, rushing into the school, Maka trailing behind me. For some reason, I've been wanting to go to school early.

[Kid's POV]

In class, it was the same as usual. We listened to Stein talk as we dissected animals. Man, that guy can be creepy. Not to say asymmetrical. Liz and Patty were paying no attention at all, while I decided to doodle on the back of my assignment which I already neatly wrote my name on. I quickly doodled a picture of the moon, knowing it's true symmetrical beauty. 

Not too long after that, class was quickly over. I was shocked when the bell rang as Liz yanked me up. I packed my things up and headed off, just to be interrupted by Liz. 

"Hey, Kid. We're going to be having a girl's night at Tsubaki's. Blackstar recently took a vacation, so is it fine if Soul walks home with you?" I thought for a second, and nodded, not really caring at the moment. 

"Woo hoo!" Patty hollered as her and her older sister ran to meister Maka, who waved at me. I politely waved back, as I spotted a certain albino approaching me. Oh great. I thought. Soul smiled as he quickened his pace into a slight jog over to me. I waited for him to approach, but it still shocked me when he placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Hey, Kiddo." Soul teased. Oh, how I hated when he teases me. 

"Stop that." I snapped and brushed his hands off of me. I continued to walk home, as Soul followed. We made small talk, yes. But that wasn't anything. 

[Soul's POV]

I followed Kid home, like Liz wanted me to. He didn't talk much, which was a good thing. I wasn't a very good talker. Especially with a rich person like Kid. I can be so uncool sometimes. Once we got at Kid's house, I felt embarrassed to even look at him. I felt like a fucking dog, just following him around. 

"Hey, uh.. Kid?" I muttered, as his eyes met mine.

"What, Soul." Kid seemed a bit aggravated already. Was I doing something wrong? Maybe being uncool? 

"I kinda have nowhere to stay, since those girls are flooding the house. Do ya mind if I stay with you?" I eagerly looked at Kid, hoping for a positive response.