(9) Jamaya's P.O.V

Jamaya's Point of View:

Eight months after the breakup…

“Naya are you ready?” I yelled trying to my twin sisters’ attention.

She was making out with Jerald, her boyfriend. She met him last year and she hasn’t been happy in a long time until she met him.

“Whatever I’ll take her turn.” I said to Demarius.

We are playing golf and it’s the perfect day for it. Me and Naya are on teams and Demarius and Jerald are on teams.

“Cool.” Demarius said.

I took Naya’s turn and made it in the hole. “

Yes I did it!” I yelled in excitement. Demarius got up and high fived me.

“Good job.” Demarius said. I smiled.

“Thank you, I was always good at golf. I guess we done playing obviously.” I look over at Naya and Jerald. Demarius laughed.

“I’m going to take a walk, want to come with me?” Demarius asked.

“Sure anything to get away from the lovebirds.”  I laughed.

Demarius and I left and went walking.

“I know you don’t know this but… this makes our fifth date.” He said looking at me as I looked around at the golf courses.

“Date? Don’t get fresh with me now.”

“No it’s not like that at all. It’s just that Naya and Jerald are trying to set us up, haven’t you notice that every time you’re hanging with them I am too.” Demarius said.

“Oh huh yeah I guess you’re right.”

Demarius grabbed me and pulled me close to him causing me to look up at him.

“Maya if I can call you that, I want our date to be a real one.” Demarius said.

“Wait… are you asking me out or telling me?”

I haven’t been on a date with anyone since Amari. He broke my heart so bad and I almost was about to marry him. I instantly begin thinking about Amari. I look down at my hand and realize I am still wearing the ring. Demarius notices the ring.

“Oh my bad, I didn’t know you were married.” Demarius said sadly.

Crap! I should have taken the ring off.

“Oh no actually I’m not it’s a funny story.”

“Humor me then.” Demarius said.

“Okay well I was going get engaged to this guy a couple months ago but he cheated on me with my best friend and we called the wedding off.”

“DAMN I’m still stuck on why you still wearing the ring if he hurt you. Take it off.” Demarius said.

You know he’s right. I take off the ring and place it in my pocket.

“Much better, no you never answered my question.” Demarius said.

“I would love to.”

“Great.” Demarius said.

The Date…

I cannot believe I’m going out with someone else. I feel like it’s only been a little while since me and Amari broke up. I search through my closet for something to wear on the date. Demarius and I are having dinner and then going dancing. I decided to look casual but classy at the same time. I found some white torn jeans, a navy blue sleeveless shirt, gray blazer, and navy blue heels.