Facing Death

He took him everyone away...

Chopper... Zeb... Sabine... Hera...

...And now Kanan...

Ezra knelt beside his him. Hot tears streaming down his cheeks while he tried to hold his master alive.

Vainly...

"No! Kanan, please! Don't leave me, too!", he screamed ignoring the dark figure standing above them watching the tragic scene.

He smirked under his mask.

Kanan moved his head a bit facing him while pain and exhaustion was clearly written all over his face.

"Ez-Ezra...", he coughed heavily.

"No. Don't talk! We'll fix you up at the base. You just have to hold on a little bit longer!", the padawan cried.

Kanan slowly looked down on the stab wound on his chest before returning his gaze to Ezra.

The master gave his padawan a heartbreaking look and slightly shook his head.

Said padawan's eyes widened realizing what his master was trying to signal him.

"No!", he examined, "You won't die! You can't..."

"Ezra...", the older jedi interrupted him, "I'm so sorry..."

"No...", the younger one whispered shocked his eyes tearing up again.

"Always remember...", Kanan started.

"Please...", Ezra pleaded.

"I am so proud of you..."

"...don't"

"...my padawan..."

"Da-Kanan!"

"...my son..."

Ezra broke down crying when he felt his master's hand on his shoulder.

"...I will see you in the... force..."

And with that his Kanan's hand went limp.

Suddenly the boy stopped crying.

It was like time stopped for this moment.

The only sound was the constant breathing of a certain monster that watched them the whole time.

Ezra felt just sadness. Nothing else at the moment.

Everyone died...

His parents...
Chopper...
Zeb...
Sabine...
Hera...
Even Ahsoka...
And now also Kanan...

...because of him!

Ezra slowly lifted his head looking at the monster which caused him that much pain.

He stared at the black mask feeling his opportunity's enjoyment and anger through the force.

"YOU!", Ezra shouted letting go of his master's body and getting up, "YOU TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME! MY FRIENDS! MY FAMILY!"

"They made you weak! They were your weakness", the monotone voice echoed in his ears, "Now embrace your destiny! Embrace... the dark side!"

"NEVER!"

In a second Ezra pulled his and Kanan's lightsaber with the force into his hands and activated them while charging at the Sith.

The dark side user briefly struggled with keeping up the fight and blocking the attacks.