Chapter 2: Melody Grows Up

Three Years Later......

"Eric, its time." Ariel whispered shaking her husband.

Eric moaned and sat up to stretch. "Ok bring her to me, and please be careful."

Ariel came in carrying their sleepy toddler. "Make sure she doesnt leave the castle. I'll be back by sunset." She kisssed her husband then left by climbing the vine down.

Ariel wadded into the water to where it came up to her waist. She touched the seashell pendant and waited as her legs melded together into the dark green tail. She took one last glance up at her bedroom window before fully diving under.

She swam into Atlantica where she was attacked by her sister Attina hugging her. "Ariel!"

"Hey, have you seen Daddy?" Ariel questioned.

"Last I heard he was looking for another octopus. What have you gotten into Ariel?" Attina asked exhasperated.

"Oh nothing its Ursulas sister, like this isnt new." Ariel scoffed.

"What about your daughter?" Attina asked.

"I'm only staying for the day. I need to help Daddy. Ursulas sister almost killed my infant daughter. I'm not hunting Morgana for me, I'm doing it for Melody." Ariel explained.

"I think he was going to the Crystal Caverns." Aquata said swimming up. "Hi Ariel now I...Ariel!" Aquata threw her arms around her youngest sister.

"Hi, i know its been long." Ariel blushed.

"Its been years!" Aquata insisted.

"I cant catch up with all of you. I need to find Daddy. Please i only have until sunset before Melody gets cranky. Ariel pleaded.

Attina sighed, "I'll take you to Daddy oh and Aquata, dont tell anyone of Ariel back down here ok?"

"Fine with me!" Aquata said.

Attina  started chatting like crazy. "  Tell me about Melody she probably looks just like you right?"

"More or less but she has Eric's hair.  She's already so inquisitive about the sea. What am I going to do? I can't keep this secret l forever but I'm only doing it to protect her!" Ariel sighed.

"Sounds very similar to what Daddy tried to do to with you when you kept going to the surface. Of course it's not easy, but whoever said being a parent was?" Attina said as they approched King Triton.

"Daddy, Im here to help." Ariel announced. Triton turned beaming at his youngest daughter.

The pair spent the rest of the day searching, but found nothing. "Ariel, its time for you to return."

Ariel sighed, "ok I'll be back sometime next year."

"Ill see you soon, but please come down for some family time. Your sisters miss you." Triton asked.

"I will Daddy, how does two months from now sound?" Ariel asked pausing before her head broke the surface.

"Perfect Ariel. Send word with a sea creature if you can't make it ok?" Triton said following Ariels lead breaking the surface.

"Of course Daddy. Thank you," Ariel hugged Triton tight before touching the seashell that allowed her legs to come back.

Ariel returned in time to put Melody down for bed. "Any news?" Eric asked when she flopped into the bed.

"Nothing. Its been three years." Ariel sighed.

"We will find her." Eric kissed Ariel before alling asleep.