The Healer

I'm going to fix grammer errors, put more details and other things to make this story better if you have any advice plz tell me in the comments below, but try to be nice about it ;D Thanks- animefreak19

Chapter Four

Stephen

I was dreaming. It was a good dream. I was six years old again, and my father had took me to a lake near Castlynn. I had never been in the Summer Realm before and I was excited. Aiden was with us and we played on the shore.

" Stephen come here," my father said.

I got up and left Aiden eating the sand.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"I want to give something Stephen, you have a very important role to play," he said, " I brought you here because your mother won't let me give it to you."

He reached in his pocket and took the necklace out. the charm was a dragons claw grasping a red marble.

I took it from him and stared at it in amazement.

"Whoa!" I said, " It's so beautiful."

"So you like it?" my father asked.

"Like it? I love it, thank you father!" I said giving him a hug.

"You have to promise you'll keep it forever. Don't lose it or you lose us." he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

" You'll see," he smiled.

<> <> <>

I woke up with a chill. I tried to sit up, but my whole body hurt. I reached for my neck and rubbed my fingers against the necklace. It was still there. I looked next to me and started to remembered what happened. I go shot with an arrow and almost killed myself trying to protect Taylor. She was asleep next to me. I smiled when I saw her. She was safe. That was all that mattered. The sky was a light purple. I gazed up at the stars, but I was a little dizzy.

"Your awake," Taylor said squinting at me.

"Yeah,"I said looking at her, "Where are we?"

"Some where under a tree stump." she said sitting up.

She helped me up and we talked.

"Oh, you look so pale," she said with counsir in her eyes.

She brushed her hand against my cheek and I put my hand on hers.

"I'll be fine," I said trying to reassure her.

"No! Your not we need to get you to a healer," she said.

"We should hurry then, I don't know how long the spell will last."

She help pull me out from under the tree and we walked on. I didn't know this place well because I had always stayed at the kingdom, but I tried my best. As we walk I soon didn't know were to go. I started to look for the Blood River which most of the villages were by. looked back and our tracks were starting to show on the ground. This isn't good I thought

I pointed it out to Taylor," Let do another spell."

"No Stephen it's to dangerous. I won't let you!"

"If I don't we will be found!" I told her.

"I don't care!" she yelled, " I can't afford you to pass out again!"

I nodded and we walked on.

I couldn't help, but think of my family. My brother was ou there somewhere searching for not me, but Taylor. As I thought more I remembered I had put a compass in my pocket incase we got lost. I stopped and felt it in my pants. I pulled it out and the arrow pointed north.

" Oh no," I said.

" What is it?" asked Taylor.

"We are heading back toward the Castle."

I heard a twig break right behind us and saw a group of Suran's soldiers.

They took out their swords and came at us. I quickly did a simple deflect spell. they all bouced back and we ran.

As we ran I didn't know if I could keep up. I was starting to lose my strength. I wondered how long they had been following us. Maybe after the spell worn off or was it before. Did they hear us? As I was losed in thought an arrow flew past my head. I was starting to slow down when a person in a cloak came out of no where on a horse and started to shoot down all of the soldiers. Me anad Taylor hauled and looked at all of the men laiding dead on the ground.

The person uncloak himself and out came Peter.

I went up to him, " What are you doing here?"

"I came after you guys after I heard you had been shot with an arrow," he told us, "now let me see."

I moved shirt and pointed it out to him. He poked at it and I twitched in pain.

" It's infected you guys need to get to a healer" he said," here I brought some stuff to help on your journey sense it was all lost back at the castle"

He handed me a Bow and some arrows for Taylor and a sword for me. He also had a bag full of gold coins to use.

"Thank you,' Taylor told Peter.

"No problem, but I really should getting going before Suran gets specious"

We said our good byes and he got on his horse and left.

I got out my compass and told Taylor, "Here follow me."

She nodded and we walked on. Soon we found the Blood river and I spotted a small cottage. We stopped at the door and Taylor knocked, but the door just opened. A candle lit up by itself and Taylor put me on a small bed.

"Hello?" she asked, " Is anyone one here?"

I saw a black figure appear behind Taylor and touch her back. She turned around and a old man wearing a brown robe with long white hair stood there.

"Hello young princess Taylor," he said.

"H-how did you know my name?" she stuttered.

"Oh why wouln't I you and the boy over there are on the lamb are you not," he said pointing to me.

"Well yes and we really need your help," she explained to him what had happened.

"I see," he said," you know for me to cure him it will have a price."

She opened the bag of coins and showed it to him, "This is all the money we have."

He held his chin and folded his arms thinking, " How about this I will heal him, but you must promise me to grand me a request. No money what so ever"

"Of course," she said without thinking.

He nodded and muttered something. Taylor and the healer lit up really bright for a what seem it a millisecond. As my eyes were adjusting to the light the man was coming toward me. He tapped on my forehead and I fell into a deep sleep.