Day Thirteen

Alex. Day Thirteen - 10:34

I didn't like the whole business establishment in the slightest. It was too ordered, the walls of society to rigid and firm within those four bleach white walls. On the other hand, the colour scheme was absolutely appalling, and my eyes were on the verge of bleeding out from all the bleach white woods that coated me like some sort of home decorating cocoon.

We were confined within desk, cubicles of our own, and it didn't feel natural. They were supposed to pull us away from the distractions of reality, but nothing felt more distracting than them. Their voices; the business and life all around me. I felt trapped, trapped inside this shitty little pocket of reality, and you could not imagine how much I wanted to tear the entire place down. Then they'd be sorry - then they'd be fucking sorry.

I do hate humans; Jack just seems to be an awful exception.

The girl in the cubicle next to me who drank excessive amounts of coffee, and the old guy who just sat on his arse playing Angry Birds on my opposite side; I wanted them gone. They were the distraction. I shouldn't have applied for this job - how could I have been so stupid, because everyone here, everyone here is so fucking human.

And I want them gone. I want to kill them. I want to kill them all.

Maybe tomorrow I'll bring my gun. Imagine how easy it'd be to take them all out. Then they'd really all be sorry. I want them to know their place; they think their positions and suits and secretaries make them superior, but they live in the world of business and sociopathy. They know nothing about the real world, they know nothing about real psychopaths. And they'll continue to know nothing even as I slit their throats.

"Hey... uhm can you pass me that water?" Coffee drinker girl peeked her head out of her cubicle, her eyes set upon me and the very little work I'd actually accomplished with the hour or so I'd been here.

I wasn't trying to please anyone, that was for sure, but part of me wanted to succeed here. I didn't have to be here, although my bank statements may disagree slightly, but now I was here, I needed to succeed, and no one, not even her could stop me. Her with her fucking water.

I glanced around in the direction of her pointed finger and handed her a bottle of water that I was certain wasn't even hers, and quite possibly belonged to the Angry Birds addict, but he was too enthralled with the joys of firing virtual birds at virtual pigs to notice his litre bottle of water go missing, therefore I didn't care.

"Thanks." Her lips gave way to smile that was only out of politeness, as she watched my expression stay blank cold and emotionless, despite her polite tendencies. This may have confused her just a little, but really, I like it when I confuse people, when they don't know what to do or how to do it. I like to be in control.

"Do I not get a 'you're welcome'?" Her red lips parted, giving way to a tone; light-hearted but somehow it shocked me nonetheless. This girl clearly wasn't of the average - she knew her way around a person. I didn't want to, but I had to step up my game. She wasn't going to win - that was for sure.

"I didn't think it warranted one." I stumbled over my words and the angels would have cackled loud enough for everyone in this building to hear them if they weren't trapped outside - they couldn't get inside here; there were too many humans, too many of them entirely for my liking, but I guess the excess of them did have its occasional uses.

Humans were soldiers in an army; controlled even when they didn't know they were. They were always involved in some scheme or other by a controlling character. Even now, in this very work place, the majority of them weren't aware of it, but they were simply all drones of the boss here. They were soldiers to his work, and none of them even had a clue.