Part 2

Kyle enjoyed Saturday mornings, but this one started out distressing. As he sat up in his bed and yawned while stretching, a pit of pain concentrated on the front of his aching head. He winced. As he slowly began stepping from the bed, he made his way to the dresser to change his bloody clothes. After swiftly changing into jeans and a plain white t-shirt, he sloppily put his hat on and began making his way downstairs as he shivered holding his arms to his body. Making his way downstairs, he didn't bother fixing his hat despite the fact that some messy, curly, crimson hair was popping out at the sides. He realized his friends probably slept over his place for the night as they usually did on weekends.

Kyle emerged from the bottom of the steps and turned towards the dining room where Stan, Kenny, and Cartman were already seated eating from a large buffet of breakfast. A slightly tense air lingered among the boys; they all knew he and Cartman had gotten aggressive yesterday, and no one wanted to bring it up despite Kyle's obvious bruise on the front of his head.

"Hey, dude," Stan said, breaking the silence.

Ignoring Stan, Kyle directed his gaze towards Cartman who would not even look at him. Cartman used all his effort to concentrate his eyes on anything but Kyle as he nibbled away on a piece of bacon. Kyle began wondering why Cartman would ever commit a gracious act, although it was a small one, in the first place and especially towards someone he hated more than anyone else. It confused him. Did Cartman know I have feelings for him? he thought, panicking. He quickly dismissed it. No, he couldn't have.

"Kyle..." Kenny spoke with a lingering concern, interrupting his thoughts. "Good morning."

Kyle snapped back into reality. "Oh, hey, you guys. Where are my parents?"

Stan said, "They said they were taking a day off at the beach."

"Without us?"

"I guess. They left saying that we need to 'do something productive' like clear the snow out of the driveway or do homework or something."

Fuck me," Kyle exclaimed, rolling eyes.

Still slightly shivering, Kyle walked to the table and took a seat next to Cartman. Despite their fight, butterflies formed in his aching stomach. He couldn't help it. He grabbed a plate and began making it - he was starving. As Stan and Kenny were engaged in another conversation not paying really any attention to him anymore, Kyle finished making his plate and subtly glanced at Cartman. His eyebrows were slightly lowered and he wore a grumpy frown on his face.

Kyle searched for the right words to say. Cartman had done something sensitive and Kyle had appreciated it; he didn't want to ruin it now.

"Thank you," Kyle quietly uttered.

Cartman's eyes were still planted on the wall in front of him as he simply uttered, "Whatever."

Kyle grew slightly irritated. "Jackass, the least you could say is 'you're welcome.' Jesus."

Cartman said nothing. Kyle not only grew angry but sadness settled within him. Cartman's general attitude toward him convinced him that he would never feel about Kyle the way Kyle felt about him. And imagine if he ever found out Kyle was gay. This thought haunted Kyle everyday.

"- okay, Kyle?" Stan said.

"What?" He zoned back into reality again.

"Let's just clear this driveway and get it over with. Then we can just go to the park or something afterwards."

"Yeah, that's fine. You guys leave me here, I'll meet you guys outside after I eat."

"You sure?" Kenny asked as he, Cartman, and Stan emerged from their seats almost all at once.