Part 6

As Cartman awakened in the backseat of his car on Tuesday morning at about 6:30 am, his mind was slightly discombobulated due to the unfamiliar surroundings. He did not know where he was at first, but when he realized he was in Kyle's driveway, he shook his head, sat up and gazed outside. The air still consisted of a majority of darkness but the sun peeked it's top over the horizon, displaying its stunning array of warm, hazy colors of pink and orange into the dawning sky. Cartman's attention drifted to Kyle's bedroom window where he saw the vague shadow of Kyle preparing for school, which started in an hour, Cartman noticed. If he drove home now and got dressed, he could make it to the bus in time.

For the next few days during that week, Kyle and Cartman rarely spoke to each other, each having the wrong idea about each other: Cartman was convinced Kyle was offended as well as disinterested by his cruel nature, and Kyle believed all Cartman wanted our of their interest for each other was sex or manipulation, knowing Cartman.

Throughout the next few school days, they only made small conversation, but it was obvious there was some form of tension between them. After school, they didn't make an effort to hang out, but they went home with empty feelings in their stomachs. Stan and Kenny were aware they were going through difficulties, but they weren't aware of the romantic/sexual aspect of it. Nonetheless, they decided not the interfere and Stan and Kenny stuck together for the time being.

It was Friday during lunch and Kyle was glaring toward Cartman who was sitting down at their usual table. Although they still sat at the same table, Kyle usually talked to Kenny now and ignored Cartman as best he could knowing Cartman was doing the same. As Kyle was the last to wait in the lunch line, he looked up in front of him and his heart skipped a beat. Kat, unaware of Kyle's presence, stood idly in front of him in the line. Kyle suddenly felt a burning pit of anger within him. He gazed at her in jealousy and disgust. Kyle usually didn't think this way about people, but something about her drew out hatred in Kyle.

As she gossiped with her friend in front of her in her usual ditzy manner, Kyle had a sudden impulse to push her to the floor, flat on her face. Kyle spotted a random student walking past and sneakily but quickly acted on his impulse. In a slick and innocent manner, he "accidentally" rammed into the student walking beside him, who clumsily collided into Kat, which he predicted. In a flash, Kat gave a startled yelp and soon enough, her plate of food flew up and sloppily landed on her long blonde hair as she harshly plummeted to the ground. Kyle's adrenaline pumped; it felt good. Seemingly above suspicion, Kyle idly walked around the situation as if he had nothing to do with it, payed for his lunch, and hurried to his table as students attempted to assist Kat, who was nearly in tears.

On the way back to the table, Kyle noticed his 3 friends glancing towards the situation and thought frantically, Oh boy, I'm really gonna get it from Cartman now, aren't I?

As he timidly took a seat by the boys, he subtly examined their facial expressions, avoiding eye contact with Cartman knowing he'd be pissed. Stan and Kenny looked at Kyle with a straight face which was wavering in between a smirk and an angry frown.

"Dude," Stan began, chuckling nervously. "What the fuck?"

All of the sudden, the unsettling atmosphere was broken by the stifled laugh of Cartman who seemed to be trying his best to not burst out laughing the whole time. All three boys jerked their heads toward Cartman and more laughter from Stan and Kenny followed. Kyle waited in confusion. He figured the boys would laugh, but he was a bit taken back by Cartman's reaction.

"Uh, Cartman?" Kyle said, which had been his first actual words to Cartman in days.

As the boys' laughing was reduced to small chuckles, Cartman breathed, turned towards Kyle with a grin and said, "I've been waiting for something like that to happen to that bitch."