Chapter 7**

With Jasper at my school, the entire social dynamic had changed. Being nobodies, thanks to Jasper Hewitt, no longer protected Evan, Sarah, and me. The safe haven that had protected me from my father’s fame for the past year or so no longer existed. “So Gemma, wanna go out sometime?” Jasper asked me as I pulled my math books out of my locker. This had become a daily ritual, and it sickened me.

“I don’t know why you keep asking, the answer is never going to change,” I sighed. I closed my locker door and headed off to math. Usually, Jasper followed closely behind until I got to the classroom, but today he followed me in.

“It’ll change someday, I know it will,” he said arrogantly.

“Jasper, don’t you have a class this period?” I asked, thoroughly annoyed by his persistence.

“I can be late,” he shrugged.

“You’re going to get a detention,” I told him. “That’s an hour after school stuck in a classroom.”

Jasper thought for a second and said, “I’d gladly take a detention for just another minute of looking at your gorgeous face.”

I smacked my palm to my forehead. “Just leave me alone Jasper.”

“Not until you go on a date with me,” he said.

“Maybe I haven’t tried hard enough to get the message through that thick skull of yours. I am not interested,” I said, enunciating every syllable. “In fact, I would rather shave my head, eat screws for breakfast, amputate a limb, take AP Calculus, become a lawyer, have sex with Edward Cullen and kill myself before I went on a date with you. I told you the day we met and I’ll tell you again, I will never go out with you Jasper Hewitt, now get your high and mighty ass out of my face.” I finished my rant with a smirk on my face and before Jasper could respond, my teacher walked in.

“And that’s my cue to leave, later Gem,” Jasper said with a wink. He sauntered out of the room, right past my teacher, acting like he owned the place. Although fazed, he stared after Jasper for a moment or two, and then started the day’s lesson.

After class, three Jasper fan girls caught up with me. “Hey Gemma!” the leader of the three called as she fell into step with me. Her two friends came up onto my left side as the leader came to my left.

“Um hi…person,” I greeted her unsurely.

“Why don’t you like Jasper?” girl number two asked.

“Well hello to you to,” I said in response.

“Yeah why not?” girl number three asked, ignoring my rude remark.

“Um yeah, look I really have no idea who you-“ I said before I was cut off.

“How do you reject someone with a face like that?” Girl number one asked.

“Yeah, I mean Jasper’s so adorable, and the fact that he keeps trying has to mean something right?” Girl number three asked.

“I would kill to be you Gemma,” said girl number three. “Even just for a day.”

At that point I just ignored them and walked hastily to my next class and they pestered me with Jasper questions the entire time. “Bye Gem, I’ll text you, ‘kay?” the leader called as I slid into room 405. I sighed heavily when I took my seat next to Sarah and threw my head into my hands.

“Who was that?” She asked.

“I have no idea,” I told her as I lifted my head up.

“Has that been happening all day?” Sarah asked.