Chapter 5

I was unpacking my suitcase when Leah and Hannah stormed into my room uninvited, as always. “Ever heard of knocking?” I asked, not even bothering to look up.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever,” Leah said. “We have an offer that you can’t possibly refuse.”

“Give it a try, I can guarantee you that I can,” I told her. I threw the dirty clothes into my hamper and put the ones I hadn’t bothered to wear away as they were talking to me.

“We were thinking about the One Direction concert right, and since the only way to get backstage passes is through connections,” Hannah explained.

“And since Jasper has taken such a fancy to you, we figured he could get us in,” Leah continued.

“So all you have to do is ask him when he texts you!” Hannah finished.

“Good plan except there’s one flaw,” I told them. “I never gave Jasper my number.”

“Why would you do such a thing?” Hannah gasped.

“Because, I’d rather not have an arrogant ass like Jasper Hewitt in my life,” I shrugged. “Besides, Dad has connections too, I’m sure in a year he’ll be able to get us back stage to see One Direction.”

“You already put up with Jeremy for four months, at least Jasper’s famous,” Leah said. I flinched at the mention of my ex boyfriend and scowled.

“Get out,” I hissed through gritted teeth.

“What? Because I brought up Jer-“

“Get out!” I shouted at my sisters. Leah and Hannah jumped at my sudden change of tone.

“You’re going to have to talk about it someday you know,” Leah chimed.

“I said get out of my room you little twerps!” I shouted, shoving them out the door as I did so. Before I closed the door on them I looked both of them in the eyes and said, “and don’t ever say the name Jeremy in my presence again or I swear the next morning you’ll wake up breathing through a tube.” I slammed the door in their faces and threw myself onto my bed.

“Gemma Katherine Springs!” my mother’s shouted at me from the kitchen. “What’s this I hear about threatening your sisters?”

“Leave me alone!” I shouted back. I knew I would pay for it later, but at that moment I didn’t give a rat’s ass. I grabbed my cellphone from my nightstand and blindly punched in the only number I knew by heart.

“Hello?” My best friend Evan’s voice rang groggily through the phone. “Gem? You do know it’s seven in the morning on a Sunday, right?”

“Leah’s a bitch,” I sniffled, ignoring the fact that I probably woke him up.

“Whoa, what happened?” he asked.

“Nothing really, she and Hannah just tried to get me to ask Jasper for a favor and she brought up the bastard’s name and wouldn’t shut up about it,” I explained.

“Okay, I’m tired, so sorry if I sound stupid, but who’s Jasper?” Evan asked.

“Jasper Hewitt,” I answered. “I met him at the premiere last night.”

“Ah, and how was that premiere?” he asked me.

“Pretty good, Jasper’s an ass,” I said. “He was hitting on me the whole night, it got so annoying after about five minutes.”

“I could imagine that,” Evan chuckled. I imagined him pushing his bangs to the side like he always did when he laughed and it fell into his face.