Chapter 3

Their little scene had stirred quite few audiences from both inside and outside of the building. Maybe wondering why a sexy man like Wallace was claiming a girl like her dressed to look like a shabby.

Rikku had been thorough with her plan for the entire year, not causing enough attentions for herself because of how she really looked, and avoiding the constant watch of hungry teenage men on her no doubt lusting over her body.

Dressing like a girl who didn't care much of how she looked, she was determined to settle this image for her new school, but hell... They were attracting more attention than she wants to have to herself, thanks to Wallace her plans are beginning to crumble.

She collected herself and tried to look like a sane person again even if her nerves are over reactive by the sense of being close to the man. And what the hell does he mean about what she is?

"Why are you here?" She asked back. His eyes who was kind of reddish brown narrowed, and she knew that the softness was now gone and anger flared up again.

"I suggest we talk somewhere else if you dislike being over heard." She nodded, disliking the thought indeed, but where? He pulled her again and she followed behind letting him lead her way out from the prying eyes and ears of their audience, and as if realizing he has no idea where they were going Wallace stopped and looked around, then spun on his heel to look at her his eyes darkening in anger and his lips tight in a line.

"Where?" He asked again.

 It was chaos inside Rikku, she should stop taunting this man and follow his wish to avoid more conflict. She held her free hand to point in the other corner of the pavement, and she realized she was shaking.

Wallace studied her again. The cashmere was really too big, the long sleeve was almost covering her hand as well. He wouldn't have recognized her if he didn't smelled her familiar scent.

With a tug he walked briskly ahead pulling her with him. His anger flaring back as the recognition of the previous kiss had left his mind and managed to sort his own thought again.

The place which she pointed out wasn't as private as he thought. There were still two or three groups of human hovering around the place and they will easily be over heard. He had released her hand and spun around to face her, ready for the onslaught.

"You've run away last night!" He shot at her and she gasped by the sudden outburst.

"You've made a fool out of me!"

Rikku stared in wide eyes studying his beautiful face contorted in anger, but he looked a little battered.

"No one makes a fool of me and gets away with it!" He continued

No one did confront her for having to play with her victims, and maybe God sent her him to give her His punishment.

"You stood me up!" He looked away for a moment and stared her down again.

"What are you playing doing this to me?!"

"I..." Was she playing him last night?

"You, what? You thought you could run away that simple after playing me? Your friends didn't even say a word when I ask them where I can find you because just like you, they were playing the same game! Believe me foolish girl it took me a great deal not to wring their little neck!" She jumped from the obvious threat, and he was certainly serious that his eyes didn't give anything else away

 "I wasn't playing you." She said, and was surprised that her voice only managed the words into a murmur.

"Oh you don't now?" The challenge and sarcasm was palpable on his voice. Her heart throbbed fast inside her rib cage, for an insanely couple of minutes she feared his nearness on her.