Chapter 8

Hey guys,

So LeahWalker95 just did an amazing trailer for my story, you could check it on the first chapter or the table of contents.

Anyway hope you enjoy the next chapter.

Chapter 8

“Kate? Wake up honey.” I heard a soft voice wake me up. I opened my eyes to see my mom standing in front of the door; I smiled at her while rubbing my eyes.

“Good morning mommy.” I greeted sleepily.

“Good morning sweetie. Come on, brush your teeth, wash your face, and wear your clothes. I’ll be in the kitchen preparing breakfast.” She said and turned around, and I heard her footsteps going down the stairs.

I sat up, stretching my arms and looking out the window, it was raining furiously outside. I closed my eyes a little bit more, enjoying the beautiful harmony played by the drops of rain. I finally decided to get up, and went to the bathroom, and did my duties. I got out of the bathroom, walking towards my closet and stopped halfway, remembering yesterday.

Was it a dream or dear reality? But what Blake was telling me was hardly believable! But he showed me, he proved to me it was true by the sudden change of eye color, by the tree that stood in front of me, ‘The raven’s shelter’, and knowing every single detail of my life. But most importantly the wings that grew on his back. But what I should I do with his master? Ugh, this is crazy! It’s a total mess.

I shook my head. ‘Remember Kate, you don’t mean anything to him.’ My conscious reminded me. Oh well, thank you very much, I almost forgot. Note the sarcasm.

“Kate!” Mom yelled from downstairs.

“Coming!” I said, wearing my clothes in a hurry, and went to kitchen like greased lightning.

“Good Morning Daddy.” I said kissing dad on the cheek.

“Good morning cupcake.” I smiled; Dad and Lilly always have desert nicknames for me.

“It took you so long.” John said with a mouth full of food.

“Good morning to you too.” I said, giving my best fake smile, and he rolled his eyes.

“Your sandwich is next to Julie.”

I nodded, sitting beside Julie.

“You look like crap.” Julie said mockingly, and Julian laughed. I ignored her comment, not really in the mood to argue with her in the morning. So I ate my sandwich quietly, trying to predict what will happen at school today.

Will he talk to me? Or just ignore me? Will I see him anyway?

I shrugged; maybe today will pass without noticing him. But if I did, I’ll act like I don’t know him, I’ll show him I don’t care, and that’s it.