» sixteen. him

1991. Classified Location

"The target is heading in your direction, Soldier." A voice rang out through my ear piece. On this mission, I was alone. I welcomed the silence, but I did miss the sound of her voice through my ears.

Hidden in the trees, I waited for the car to drive by. Hearing the sound of an engine approaching, I turned on my headlights and waited for it to pass.

I drove down the hill, avoiding rocks and branches onto the road. I trailed behind the car for a few seconds before pulling out a gun and shooting one of the tires out. It caused the driver to lose control, going head on into a tree. No other cars were on the road, so no one would hear a thing.

I pulled up behind the crash and dismounted my motorcycle. Flames flew from the engine, but I ignored them. I ripped the trunk open, revealing a metal briefcase. I opened it up, inside there were multiple bags of a blue serum: the Super Soldier Serum.

Stalking over to the drivers side, I found the man crawling on the ground, injured from the crash.

"Help my wife. Please. Help." He begged, struggling to breath. I ignored his pleas by grabbing his hair, forcing his head upwards. He looked directly up at my face, "Sargent Barnes."

I had no time to think on his words before a feminine voice came from the car, "Howard," she croaked out in pain. Pain that I caused. It will soon be over, I promised them silently.

I showed no remorse as I used my left arm to punch the man in the face multiple times, effectively ending his life. When I allowed his body to fall to the ground, his wife called out to him once again. She wouldn't be getting an answer.

I grabbed the fresh corpse by his jacket collar and drug his body back into the car. I positioned his head to look like he died from the impact of the crash.

Silently, I stalked to the opposite side of the car; the woman was looking over to deceased husband calling out his name in pain. Both physically and in heart break.

Her door was already open. I reached in with my flesh hand, wrapping it around her neck tightly. The injuries from the crash and lack of oxygen effectively killed her, too, after a minute.

I walked back over to the other side of the car. Pulling a single pistol out of my waist band, I aimed and shot the camera that had recorded my entire act.

» » »

        "Great work, once again, Soldier. Hydra thanks your devotion to making the world a better place." Pierce said as I handed the briefcase over, completing my mission. I nodded shortly, knowing not to talk. He turned on his heel, facing Karpov and multiple other Hydra higher ups. "Get the subjects ready."

          They all responded in unison, "yes, sir."

           Karpov handed the case off to a man doctor in a white coat. He walked down one of the many halls here, ending in a room where five gurneys lined the walls. Four males and one female sat in those beds. I stayed against the wall while the doctor and his assistants hooked up all of the subjects to the serum.

         Pierce and up and stood next to me. I didn't look in his direction.

"Amazing, isn't it? This serum is going to make one of them better than you and that girl combined." He paused looking over to me, "don't you think? I don't think that it's very hard to overpower that girl."