Six

Present day

__________
Jade's POV
_________
"So you're telling me that you were an angel and you broke some rules and you got your wings taken? Because of some chick named Angel?" I ask not believing a word he says.

I knew he was a jackass, but a compulsive liar? I wouldn't have ever thought.

"Because of you." Liam says. I laugh and cross my arms.

"Listen, Liam, I don't know what you have been smoking or drinking lately, but you need to stop. You are talking nonsense!" I say rolling my eyes. I back away from him and start walking down the hall. I feel him behind me, so I try to quicken my pace. I turn the corner and I run into someone.

Liam.

How the hell did he get in front of me?

"How did you get in front of me?" I ask kind of terrified now.

"I told you, I am a fallen angel." Liam says walking up to me. I slowly back away with my eyes sharp on him. I quickly turn around to run.

Bump!

It's Liam! How the hell is he doing this.

Without a word, he turns around until his back is facing me. I want to run, now that he is not looking, but I see him slowly raise up his shirt. I see the markings of two very wide and deep set scars between his shoulder blades.

I gasp. I cover my mouth, in shock of what I am seeing. Slowly I reach one hand out and trace the scar with the tip of my index finger. It's not makeup, it's not a delusion... it is real scars.

I don't believe him. There is no such thing as angels! That's fiction, made up, stuff you only see in movies or read in books. There is no such thing as immortals. When you die you die. That's it!

"Before I make you forget." Liam says as he pulls me closely to him. "I've waited eighteen years for this." His lips crash against mine. I jump at first and try to push him away, but he is too strong so I just let him kiss me. After a few minutes, he pulls away. We are both panting for air.

"It was worth the wait." Liam says as he grabs my face and looks deeply into my eyes. "Forget everything that happened in the last thirty minutes."

I stop and my mind suddenly goes blank.

I see Liam standing in front of me. Looking annoyingly handsome as usual. I glare at him.

"What do you want with me, Liam? I mean honestly, out of everyone in this school, why the hell do you choose me?" I ask pushing him lightly on the chest. I get the feeling of deja vu. I instantly feel nauseous.

"Because, you're so much fun to pick on." Liam says. I groan and walk towards my locker. I look down at my watch. 8:30am? Class started thirty minutes ago! How long was I out here? Something isn't adding up. I just walked in here! The tardy bell hasn't even rang yet.

"Why am I not in class?" I ask. I'm so confused my head is spinning. "Liam, what did you do to me?" I ask holding my forehead. I'm feeling very lightheaded and my knees lock. Liam catches me as soon as I fall.

"Easy does it, chick." He says as he picks me up bridal style. I have the world's worst migraine. I can feel his footsteps pounding in my head. Liam walks out of the front doors and towards his Jeep.

"Put me down I can walk." I demand as soon as we reach the parking lot.

"I told myself 98 years ago I wouldn't put you down again." Liam mumbles.