Chapter 8 "A Farewell"

Ivy woke up to smoke in her nose. Fire was burning down the nest. Windy and Electra were screaming outside, and the black tom kittypet was bringing Strike out of the fire. A yowl made Ivy flip around. "FALLEN!!" She screamed, her friend trapped by burning wooden beams.

Ash was already charred and ominous laying on the ground. Ivy saw Badger and Mouse escaping. But she flipped around, running to Fallen. Spiderleg cried out for her, But Ivy lunged at Fallen. "GET OUT!! FALLEN!!" Windy was screaming, tears falling down her face. Shepard and Everflame were sobbing too.

Fallen suddenly caught on fire. He was the Feline Torch. His pelt was burning like white fire, and then, rain fell. Everything was quenched. And Fallen lay in a scorched huddle of fur, tears streaming down his face. "Everybody, I'll miss you!" He cried, then coughed up fire, and all was still.

Ivy shuddered. "No...Fallen." Grief passed through her like the wind on the moor, and the sobbing of Windy reached Ivy's ears. She began to cry and cry. She yowled to the skies and raked the ground. The rain pelted the cats mercilessly as they cried out for their lost comrade.

(They are gonna be really short now :(