Chapter 4 "Father"

Ivy sat in the dark clearing. "Hello?" Her voice echoed through the haunted trees, and the ground sucked at her paws. Ivy quickly made her way to a small rock above the sticky substance, and clambered ontop of it.

Ivy scented the air, but all she could scent was blood. Blood. Blood? But the ground was marsh. Ivy peered closer, and saw dark red blood churning slowly in the sticky river. Cats faces whisked by, too vauge to recognize. "Someone? Anyone!? Help me!!" Ivy yowled, tears running down her cheeks.

"Ivy, get UP!" said a urgent voice from beyond the dream 4th wall. Ivy blinked and saw her mate Spiderleg standing over her. "A cat has invaded! He brought kittypets!" Spiderleg hissed, then went over to join Winner, Electra, Strike, and Fallen while Windy curled around her kits, blending into some hay.

A large black tabby tom was in front, with a plump black tom, a silver tabby she-cat, and a ginger tabby behind him. Ivy ran over and joined her friends. The invaders, besides the black tabby, hissed but didn't show their claws. "Stupid cats! This is OUR place! Not yours!" snarled Fallen. "Look around you. There is plenty room for me to overtake you, idiot tabby." The black tabby retorted, and he and Fallen leaped at each other. Chaos broke out.

Ivy pounced ontop of the plump black kittypet, sticking her claws deep in his back and slashing down. The tom screeched and pain, bucked Ivy off, and fled to the Twolegplace. The silver tabby followed the tom when Electra and Winner were inflicting heavy damage. The final ginger tabby was already safe in her Twoleg nest.

The arrogant black tabby still was there, but he wasn't fighting. "Get out, Swipe, and never come back." hissed Fallen, who supposively found out his name. "Please, can I stay with you? I know I just attacked you, but that's because I needed a place to stay. Please." Swipe begged. Fallen replied with a yes, and they all headed to sleep. Ivy stayed awake.

Ivy didn't trust the new tom, and her instincts told her to leave. She walked all the way to an old fox den, and lied down. Immediately, contractions pushed her body. The pain made Ivy squeal in terror, and she dug her claws into the sand. A large bundle came out after a bit, and it was a black tom with a white stripe down his forehead.

Ivy licked the sac off him, and brought the large kit to her belly. Moments later, a small light brown she-kit came out, and Ivy did the same with her. The tom pushed his sister around, but she hung onto Ivy's belly. "This little black tom will be Badger, and the she-kit is Mouse." she murmured to herself. Ivy felt a comforting presence around her.

"Good night, my daughter, Ivy." said the presence.