The Lost Weekend // Part Three

Eventually we were all piled into the family room on various couches and pillows

Eventually we were all piled into the family room on various couches and pillows. I was still tucked into Ronnie's side as Jughead asked what the game was about. Betty and Archie sat next to us as everyone else was either standing or sitting around.

"It's a variation of Truth or Dare. In which we own our truths by telling it like it is." Cheryl paced in a circle. "I'll start the game with...Veronica Lodge."

"Naturally," My sister didn't miss a beat.

"Let's begin," Cheryl walked closer, "With the day you, your pathetic sister, and your mob wife of a mother came to town for a so-called fresh start. Tell us, Veronica, what's so fresh about defiling Archie Andrews in a closet?"

Ronnie rolled her eyes at the redhead's attempt to bash her. "That was your doing."

"Moving on," Cheryl ignored Ronnie's comment. "To dear Daddy Lodge. Isn't it true that your father, from prison, illegally purchased the drive-in land? Which makes me wonder, what else is he doing from behind bars?"

I could feel Jughead staring at me. He was practically burning a hole through my head at this rate. Cheryl wasn't going to stop until she tore each and every one of us apart.

"Well, I can't speak for my father, but I can think of someone with a very dirty secret. Specifically, Cheryl killing her very own brother." Ronnie shot back.

Cheryl didn't look affected in the slightest, "Everyone knows how much I loved my brother."

My sister nodded curtly, "Exactly, but did you love him maybe in ways that a sister shouldn't love a brother? And as you got older, Jason started to think it was strange, unnatural. So he chose Polly over you. So you shot him between the eyes with one of your father's many hunting rifles."

Of all people, Dilton Doiley interrupts my sister. "This game is sick. I wanna go next."

"That's the spirit, Doiley." Chuck seemed enthused as the scout's participation. "What secrets do you have to reveal to us?"

What would Dilton Doiley have on us? Nothing, except...oh God.

"I saw Ms. Grundy's car by Sweetwater River, the day Jason went missing. I told Savanna and Jughead, and then, Ms. Grundy quit her job and left Riverdale, like, two days later." Dilton wasn't finished yet, "And let's not forget that Archie was also at Sweetwater that morning."

Cheryl looked at Archie, "Oh, my God, color me shocked, Archie Andrews. Is that why you became a mediocre musician overnight? Because you and Ms. Four-Eyes were pulling a Mary Kay Letourneau?"

My sister leaned over to Archie and told him not to say anything. Obviously Chuck wasn't satisfied by that and kept taunting my friend.

"Wait what? Andrews was banging a teacher? Well, damn, I wish I would've known. I would've added you and Ms. Grundy to the book of conquests."