Touch of Evil // Part One

I can't remember the last time I was this tired before a school day

I can't remember the last time I was this tired before a school day. After I got home last night, the first thing I did was grill Ronnie to find out what happened. She told me everything, how Archie denied Betty, Cheryl's party, the 7 Minutes in Heaven gone wrong. I wasn't as angry as I planned to be and her reasoning as to going with Archie seemed honorable.

"I don't know what to do, Vanna. I feel awful but I know I saved this from being worse." Ronnie's hair was a tangled mess from her running her fingers through it constantly.

I sighed and jumped on the bed next to her, "Peace offerings, Ron. Buy her flowers, cupcakes, make her realize you did it for her. She has to understand eventually. Now, come on. We have to leave soon."

Ronnie smiled, immediately dialing numbers in on her phone for her necessities. I made my way out of her room to finish getting my stuff before heading to the kitchen.

"Morning, Mom." I pushed myself onto the counter.

"Savanna, off. Did you tell Ronnie to hurry? You're going to be late." She lightly patted my thigh as she walked past.

I rolled my eyes, "You know her. Not even a week in and she's already gotten herself in trouble."

Clicking sounded through the room as Veronica finally walked in, her heels being the source of the noise. She smiled at Mom and me, her fingers twisting the pearls on her neck.

"Picking up cupcakes on the way and flowers will be delivered to the office. In other words, I'm fixing it."

Mom smiled at her response before wrapping her arms around both of us, "God, I raised you girls so well."

I pushed her arm away, laughing, "Oh shut it. It was my idea the whole time."

Mom pushed us away, rolling her eyes, "Never mind, I don't like you guys at all. Go to school."

--

Veronica shoved me into the office the first second we walked in the building. I heard Kevin's voice before we entered, "Who the hell is 'V'?"

"Veronica." Betty and Ronnie replied at the same time. I saw Betty's expression grow annoyed when she realized my sister was here.

"The yellow is for friendship. I also had Magnolia cupcakes flown in from New York. Because, as our mom likes to say,"

"There's no wrong the right cupcake can't fix," We quoted in unison. Betty glanced at Kevin who shrugged.

"Also," Veronica continued, "I booked us for hers-and-hers mani-pedis at Chez Salon. Blowouts too...I am so, so sorry, Betty."

Betty only shook her head slightly in response but V pushed on.

"I don't know what happened to me that night. It was such a basic bitch move. It was like..I was possessed by-"

"Madame Satan?" Kevin suggested, his arms crossed over his chest.

My sister sighed, moving her head slightly, "The old Veronica. And I will never ever do anything like that to you again. I swear on my mother's pearls."

A laugh escaped my mouth, earning a glare from Veronica. I whispered a quick apology but didn't hide my smile from Kevin or Betty.

"Just, can you give me one more chance?" Ronnie pleaded.

Betty looked at all of us before shrugging her shoulders, "Okay."

"What?" Kevin and Ronnie responded in unison. Wow, that happens a lot here.

My sister looked shocked, "Really? Awesome. I'll take it and you won't regret it."

Betty responded with an 'okay' before Ronnie informed us that she'd bring the cupcakes to lunch. The bell rang shortly after, leaving me to rush to class.

My speed got the best of me and I found myself suddenly on the ground after hitting something solid.

"If it isn't the new black haired beauty." Jughead's smug voice came from above me. Looking up, I took his outstretched hand and regained my footing.

My cheeks turned bright red as I realized I ran into him, "Shit, sorry Jug. Ronnie held me up in the office and-"

Suddenly Jughead's hands were on my cheeks, instantly ending my rambling. A gasp left my mouth as I stepped back from his reach. This time, his cheeks went pink in embarrassment.

"Oh, sorry. Um, I didn't mean to-"

I shook my head slightly, a smile on my face, "Jug, you're fine. Just didn't expect it, that's all."

He smiled back but I could tell he regretted it, "Can I walk you to class to make up for it?"

"That would be perfect."

--

I finally found Ronnie in science again as she forced Betty to be her lab partner. Jughead dragged me to his table, claiming he wasn't up for working with random people today.

Earlier it was announced that Jason Blossom's murder was now an ongoing homicide investigation. Practically everyone was a suspect at this school, besides me and Ronnie, that is.

Lunch came around somewhat quickly and I found myself following Betty, Kevin, and Ronnie back to the table. Ronnie was questioning Kevin about Moose, the person whom he found Jason's body with by the river.

"Obviously, I didn't mean literal closet."

Whatever Kevin's joke was, it didn't make sense to me as I stole the seat next to Archie. My sister acknowledged his presence with a question about his music. My guess was Kevin's joke struck a little too close to home with the events at the dance and after party.

"I'm still working on the lyrics..so..." Archie grabbed his guitar and sang us the clip of his new song. As a person who always listened to music, lyrics were what I paid attention too. What Archie wrote pretty much screamed Betty in every way.

Betty broke down in tears before running away which lead to Archie chasing after her. I immediately turned to Ronnie, my eyes narrowed into a glare.

"You messed her up, bad, Ron."

She sighed, running a head through her straight hair, "Yeah, Vanna. I know."

--

"Jug!"

My voice registered in the boy's mind before he turned to face me. Whatever classroom he was peeking into, I hadn't been in before.

"What's up?"

He glanced at me then back at the window before grabbing my shoulders and positioning me in front, "That's what."

"Oh my god." Archie Andrews, about to lip-lock with a teacher was something I never thought I'd see, yet here I was. I shook my head, "I need to stop being so surprised. Nothing is normal since I got to this town."

Jughead pulled me from the window and walked down the hall. "Whoever that kid is, he's not my best friend. Anymore, at least."

A surge of energy ran through me as I reached and clasped Jughead's hand in mine. He jumped slightly at the contact but didn't pull away.

"Betty and Ronnie are caught up at cheer. Another night at Pop's?" I suggested. Jughead didn't even hesitate to agree and we were on our way.

--