Body Double // Part Three

Betty ran in the Blue and Gold office the next day like she was being chased

Betty ran in the Blue and Gold office the next day like she was being chased. Jughead and I were piecing together his murder board that he finally created outside his head. I teased him about it for the time being. With the new information about Doiley yesterday, Jughead had many ideas coming together.

"Betty? Everything okay?" I was spinning in the infamous chair I sat in every day.

"No time to talk. Have a huge article to write. Chuck's guilty."

Her words had me out of my seat as I made my way towards her. "No way. Ronnie actually did it?"

Her phone was placed in my hands, pictures of a book on the screen, "A playbook from the football team. Jason Blossom was in it for Polly. A bunch of other boys, many innocent girls. It's awful. We found it last night. I need to write this article before we expose Chuck for good tonight."

"Hey, are you going to the Taste of Riverdale?" Jughead looked over at me as I made my way towards the board.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I don't really have an interest in going and I was going to hang with Ronnie but it seems she's busy, so I might if I'm bored."

Jughead leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, "I'll be there if you get desperate."

I laughed, sitting back into my spinny chair, "Jug, I'd hang out with you before I was desperate."

"If that was your attempt at flirting, it was awful." Betty didn't move her gaze from the computer but I could see her smiling.

Jughead shook his head before grabbing his backpack from the desk. He walked towards the door before stopping and facing me, "Seriously, though. I'd love to see you."

I felt my cheeks burn as I nodded and smiled at him before he left. Betty spun towards me, a large grin on her face. We had a mini stare down before bursting out laughing.

Jughead Jones, what are you doing to me.

--

"You know, Ronnie. When Betty told me Chuck was guilty, I didn't know you were going to get him suspended and publicly humiliated," I laughed as I watched Chuck and his goons walk out of the school. Cameras flashed from all angles as they glared at my sister and her friends.

Veronica simply put her arm around my shoulder, "That's how we Lodge women do it, Vanna. All or nothing. And besides, I can't wait to see his reaction when he sees what I did to his car." She smirked before turning and walking away.

I shook my head and followed her. I needed to meet up with Jughead at the Blue and Gold anyway. He finally called Doiley in for the final interrogation before we posted our first article. The two boys were already in the room when I arrived. Jughead was sitting on the desk with Doiley in a chair across from him. I took a seat next to Jug, crossing my arms.

"If you publish a story saying I fired that gun, my life will be ruined. I'll be banished from the Adventure Scouts, and charged with a misdemeanor," Doiley paused for a second, glanced at Jug and I, "So, what if I have a better story?"

Jughead looked at me, curiously. I shrugged before prompting Doiley to continue.

"If I tell you what I know, promise me the gunshot stays between us," He bargained.

Jughead sighed and twisted the pen in his fingers. I bit my lip, "You have our word."

"I saw something at Sweetwater River," Doiley started, "Something nobody else saw. Ms. Grundy's car."

My heart stopped for a second. I saw Jughead sit up a bit straighter next to me. Archie's secret was out of our hands at this point. We couldn't hide it if someone else, like Doiley and his scouts, had seen them.

"It was by the river's edge. She was there," Doiley finished.

I sighed and licked my lips, "Thanks, Dilton. We appreciate it." The scout nodded before standing up and leaving the room. I stood next and turned to face Jughead. He ran a hand through his hair before locking his fingers and leaning his head on them.

"He really messed up, Sav. We can't keep him safe from getting caught if someone else saw him." Jughead looked stressed.

I reached forward to place a hand on his shoulder, rubbing my thumb back and forth slowly. "Jug, we have to warn him. That's the least we can do."

We stood there for a few more minutes in a comfortable silence. Whatever mysteries this town held, they were all coming forward at the same time.

"Come on," I grabbed Jug's hand and pulled him off the desk, "Pop's milkshakes. On me today."

Jughead grabbed his bag and followed me out the door, "I knew there was a reason I liked you, Marrows."

--

okay short one for today, super sorry but i promise these next few will make up for it. #juganna is getting some love ;)

let me know how you guys are liking it so far! super grateful for each and every one of you :))