Forgotten Memories. . . Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Scott's POV

Angel looked so gorgeous in that two-piece. The cover up she was wearing didn't cover much. It was a dress that was sleeveless and tight and only went down to her mid-thigh. I was wearing shorts, and I was painfully aware of her leg brushing against mine. It made me think of where else I wanted her skin to brush mine. . .

"Which beach are we going to?" I asked to get my mind off those dirty thoughts. As beautiful as she was, she was also innocent in a way that would make anyone feel like a douche for fantasizing about her.

"Point Pleasant," Ebony answered.

That did absolutely nothing to distract my thoughts. The beach held memories I replayed in my mind all the time. There was a sort of mini amusement park at the end of the boardwalk, and I remembered all too well what Angel and I did behind the ticket stand. We never passed second base, but as much as I wanted more, I never did anything she didn't want me to.

Crap, think of something else, think of something else-

"Scott, are you alright? You look kind of sick," Angel said, worriedly.

I cleared my throat before saying, "Yeah, I'm fine."

Adrian asked Andre, "Where did you and Ebony meet?"

He shrugged. "I'm a detective, she's a lawyer, and we live close by. It was only a matter of time before we met."

There was more conversation after that, but I wasn't paying attention; I was lost in my thoughts.

Would Angel be better off not remembering? If she remembered something really bad that happened to her in those eight days, she might never be the same. But if she remembered when we were together, maybe she'd still feel that way toward me. Even now, my lips were almost itching to kiss hers. Ah, fuck, this sucked.

Andre pulled into a parking spot across the street from the boardwalk and we all got out. He opened the trunk and the girls got the towels, I got one sun umbrella, and Adrian got the other one.

Only after we started walking to the boardwalk did I realize that the amusement park was there. It wasn't open yet, which explained why I hadn't heard it. I knew that my eyes would lock right on to the ticket stand as soon as we walked by.

Yup, as soon as we walked up the few steps, my eyes went straight to the stand as if they were magnetized.

-Flashback-

"Come with me," I said in a low voice, taking Angel's hand.

"Scott! Adrian will see us!" she whispered frantically. But she still followed me, always so trusting.

"No he won't, he's in the water." I gave up already with the surfboards, but Adrian was determined to stay standing on it for more than 5 seconds. Ebony was sunbathing with her eyes closed about twenty feet away.

"I hate sneaking around behind everyone's back," she said guiltily. She kept looking over her shoulder as if they'd run after us.

"Me, too, but you know how mad Adrian will get if he finds out about us. And I would think you'd want your boyfriend alive." We both knew I was only half joking.

We half ran to the boardwalk, far enough that there was no way Adrian would be able to see us, and started walking normally, hand in hand, like any other couple. "Where are we going?" she asked.

"Hiding. Somewhere where we can be alone and Adrian and Ebony won't find us." The park wasn't open yet since it was still early, so I pulled her in that direction.

"Scott, it's closed!" she protested.

"No one will see us," I assured her.

I led her behind the ticket booth, put my hands on her waist, and kissed her. She paused, momentarily shocked by the force of the kiss, before kissing me back and putting her arms around my neck. I licked her bottom lip, asking for entrance, and she gave it.

My hands were almost trembling with the need to move up and down, stroking and groping whatever was within my reach, but I forced myself to go slowly. Tentatively, she moved her hands to my biceps, and I loved the feel of her clutching me. I moaned my approval in her mouth and let my hands trail slowly up her ribcage.

She was wearing nothing but that sexy purple bikini and I was only wearing swim trunks, so it was skin on skin contact; no barriers. My hand moved higher and higher-

-End of Flashback-

I pulled myself out of that memory, not wanting to get more turned on than I already was. To my surprise, Angel was looking at the stand, too. Her eyes were squinted as if she was concentrating. Could she be remembering what happened?

That thought was cut off when she collapsed to the ground.

Emilia's POV

As soon as we walked up the stairs to the boardwalk, my eyes went to the amusement park, more specifically, the ticket stand. I was sure something had happened there, but I couldn't remember what. It was like I was having the worst ever case of deja vu. Just when something tickled at the edge of my consciousness, everything went black.

*****

"Angel! Wake up!" I felt someone shaking me.

My eyes fluttered open and all I could see was Adrian's brown eyes, filled with concern. "What's the matter? Are we going to the beach yet?" When had I fallen asleep?

He froze. I looked around me. Ebony was in Andre's arms and looked like she was about to cry, and Scott was looking at me with a worried expression. And we were already at the beach. "What happened?" I asked nervously.

"You just collapsed," Adrian said. "Do you feel okay?"

I nodded, "I feel fine." Gathering the towels and standing up, I tried to backtrack. Adrian cooked breakfast, Scott came over, and then Ebony and Andre, oh yeah, and then we drove here in Andre's Mercedes. But I couldn't remember what happened after that. I tried hard to, but my head throbbed when I did. "I passed out for no reason?" I asked incredulously. I'd never fainted before.

Scott said, "You looked at the ti- the amusement park, and then you fell." He watched my reaction carefully.

I looked back to the park, but nothing happened. Shrugging it off, I said, "I'm fine now. Let's go." I forced a smile, even though my insides were churning. Adrian, Scott, and Ebony looked worried, and Andre's look was calculating. "We're already here; it doesn't make sense to go back now. If anything else happens, we'll go."

They all agreed, but Adrian moved next to me protectively. "Are you sure you're okay?" he said low in my ear.

"Yeah," I smiled. "Did I hit my head?" That would explain the slight headache.

"No, I caught you before you hit the ground." He looked at me quizzically. "Does your head hurt?" I nodded and he asked, "Where?"

"My whole head is throbbing a little. It's not painful, really, just . . . weird."

"Do you think it's because you were remembering something?" Andre asked, sounding very much like a detective.

"I don't remember. I remember the drive over here, but everything after I got the towels out of the trunk is fuzzy. It hurts my head to try and remember it."

"Then don't try and remember," Ebony said. "We came here to have a good time. Let's worry about everything else later." She smiled in a determined way, and Andre kissed her.

Having a good time and not dealing with my problems sounded fantastic right now.