Forgotten Memories. . . Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Emilia's POV

"One Bud Light and a Gin and Tonic, please."

"Sure, coming right up." Ugh! I was so antsy and I couldn't wait for my shift to be over. I made the drinks quickly and gave them to the guy and his date.

"Thanks," he said with a smile, then continued talking to the pretty blonde girl with him.

Just 40 minutes left. I had so many questions to ask Scott. Apparently, nobody knew what had happened to me, so I figured no bad memories would come back or anything. I hoped. The blonde girl excused herself to the bathroom and the guy turned to me. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, what do you need?"

"That girl I was just with I've been dating for a month and I think it's getting pretty serious, but I'm not sure she feels the same way. I'm James by the way."

This was just part of the job. If people asked for advice or needed to talk, I was here. "Do you want me to ask her for you?"

"No but I got this necklace for her and I don't want her to think I'm moving too quickly or anything."

"Can I see it?" If it was a diamond or something extravagant, it would scream commitment, but if it was something cute, it would say a simple I like you.

He took it out of his pocket and showed me. It was a necklace with a silver butterfly and tiny sapphires on it in the middle and on the wings. "Really cute. I think you should tell her, 'I saw this and it reminded me of you' or something along those lines, but don't be too formal about it."

He smiled at me, "Thanks. You don't think it's too much?"

"No, not at all. Just don't mention the price or where you got it. Be vague if she asks where you saw it." In the corner of my eye, I saw her coming back, so I went to look at the drinks and look busy.

"Did you miss me?" she asked. I thought she really did like him by the sound of her voice when she talked to him. Kind of sweet and affectionate.

"Yeah, baby, and I got something for you."

He must have showed it to her because she gasped, "It so beautiful! I hope you didn't pay too much for it."

"That doesn't matter. I thinking of you and then I saw it, so I just had to get it."

"Where did you find it?"

"Out while I was shopping." There was a sound of a kiss.

A job well done. Someone else called me over and asked for Hennessey, so I grabbed a glass and filled it. James paid for the drinks before bringing her to the dance floor and gave me a nice tip. "Thanks," I told him. He mouthed back 'Thank you'.

The next half hour seemed to take years. A group of college kids came and ordered a bunch of tequila shots and got really drunk. Some drunk guy tried to grab my chest and Ant 'escorted' him out. I got a decent amount of tips. Pretty much the usual. Finally at 2:03 Billy came to take over for me.

I asked one of the new bouncers if they saw Scott and he pointed to the booths. I walked over and he was on the phone, so I got in the booth on the other side. "Ebony, I don't know... You can come with Andre if you want, but I don't want to bombard her with questions... I'm sure she's stressed enough about this... She's right here; do you want to talk to her?"

Who was he talking to? He handed me the phone. "Who is it?" I asked him.

"Her name's Ebony. You used to be best friends pretty much since you could walk."