Forgotten Memories. . . Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Emilia's POV

Scott went in his room and came back out with a cardboard box. "These are some pictures of everyone."

It was a really big box, so my eyes widened and I asked, "Some?"

He laughed, "Yeah, the maids and babysitters your parents hired for you guys when you were kids always took pictures. Then when you got older, you always took a camera with you everywhere." He had that look in his eye he always gets when he's remembering something happy.

The box he put down on the coffee table in front of me, and opened it. It was completely full. They were all in photo albums, and Scott took one out. "This one's my favorite. These are from when we were in second grade, and you got your first camera."

He opened it and I laughed. The first picture was of two kids fighting over the camera. The angle was completely wrong, and someone obviously accidentally clicked the button to take the picture. "Who are they?"

"That's you and Adrian. He had his own camera, but he broke it and blamed you, then he tried to take yours. When he got it from you, you started crying and he felt bad so he gave it back."

The next picture was of me and a pretty girl with light brown hair, smiling at the camera. There was something... erie about this picture though. I realized there was a boy in the background, staring directly at the camera with so much hatred in his eyes. "That's you and Ebony."

"Who's that boy?" I asked, pointing.

He looked at it and squinted, like he was concentrating. "Oh! That's Tom. He was a real creep. He was always glaring at someone or something. Nobody ever went near him, even the teachers. Except a few times when you talked to him in... I think fifth grade. You sat next to him and tried to be nice to him. Even then he wasn't friendly, he just didn't have that scary look in his eyes."

"Was he dangerous or something?"

"Not that I know of. Once, we told you to stop talking to him, but you said he was the way he was because everyone was mean to him. You always wanted to make people happy. He ended up doing drugs or something."

I flipped to the next picture. It was of me and Adrian with his arm wrapped around my shoulders. The next one made me laugh and Scott blushed. He and Adrian were in a huge mud puddle. Not watery mud, either. Thick, gross, dark brown mud. "We started fighting about something stupid, and I pushed him in the mud. He grabbed me, and I went down with him."

"I wish I could remember," I said under my breath, hoping he wouldn't hear.

He did, though, and said, "We don't have to look at anymore if you don't want to."

I waved away his concern, "It's okay. I'm hoping something will come back to me."

The rest of that album was pictures of all of us goofing around, having fun, being kids. It was hard to believe that was me, though. It felt like I was just looking at someone else in the pictures. "Most of the pictures are sorted by the date. Which do you want to look at?"

I thought for a moment, "What about the most recent ones? Did I graduate high school?"

"No. You disappeared about two months before graduation." He took out another really thick album and opened it. "These are from the last summer we shared." The first one was of him and Adrian standing next to eachother with surfboards. "That was a huge fail, by the way. Surfboarding was definitely not for us." Sure enough, the next few pictures was of them falling off in the water. It made me laugh, how animated they were.