Chapter 7: Crazy to Downright Scary

My mouth dropped to the ground, or close enough. He had been following me. My nerves screamed for action, to attack. He was dangerous because he was better than me. If he activated, I would be at his mercy no matter what. Before or after the Reaping. How long has he been following me! I looked over him again, assessing him in greater detail. Muscles covered him from head to toe, no fat seemed to be on his body. He was big, but not too big. He also seemed agile enough to move around quickly as I saw before. He was an experienced fighter, smart and a quick thicker. He was the worst type of foe.

Or the best ally.

Go back to your corner and leave me alone, I thought. We will talk later when he's dead. And before you say anything else, he is a risk not worth having. We know from experience, remember? She was silent again. A heavy weight settled in my chest. Yeah, we both knew what happens when we stuck around other people.

"Are you going to answer me?" He squeezed my wrist once again pulling me out of my trance. I remained quiet and a growl echoed in my ears.

"Fine." Next thing I knew; I was on my back with him pinning me down. To make sure I didn't throw him off, he hooked his legs with mine. Grabbing my hands in one of his he pulled a rope out of his pocket and tied my hands.

There went my plans of strangling him. Reaper Scythe. I was so looking forward to that.

"Until you give me an answer you will remain at my side at all times. Even if I have to drag you or throw you over my shoulder.

I felt like twitching from the words alone, not to mention he was touching me yet again. I needed to get away! but as I laid there, I couldn't come up with any plans I couldn't do anything but breath though the pain of the ropes rubbing my wrist and the bruises that ran along my back. I hated the feeling of being hopeless. May parents trained me somewhat, but obviously not enough. I let the images fade and rested my head against the moss. Eventually I fell asleep.

.........................................

I always hated waking up to a dewy life, but waking up over a shoulder change my opinion immediately. On one shoulder, he was carrying me and the other he was carrying the supplies.

"Don't mind me, I'm just another pack sack." I growled out loud. A laugh echoed behind it that made butterflies flutter in my stomach. Ignoring the feeling, I slammed my knee into his chest. Too bad it wasn't lower...

Bending over, he clutched his chest in pain. I rolled off of him and landed hard on some roots sticking out of the ground. I grabbed the nearest stick to slam on top of his head. A hand shot out and grabbed mine again. He rubbed his hand on my raw wrist making me suck in a pained breath. He then proceeded to knock the stick out of my arm and slam me against the tree. With my hands above in one of his hands I struggled but couldn't move. Attempt one. crash and burn, but there could always be a attempt two. I tried to wiggle my hands but as I was thinking, he had tied a rope around them. One that seemed to be almost cutting my blood supply.

He sighed in my ear and backed away. "What will it take for you to stop killing me?"

Killing yourself.

He waited for my answer but I didn't make a sound.

"You do know that I am going to get it out of you sooner than later, right? Not to mention you name too."

So you think. So you think.

Grabbing my arm, he was practically dragging me though the bush. It wasn't like I was going to run away. Yet. If I did that, I would probably be on his back again, knocked out. I didn't want that much skin contact. So, not so willing, I followed behind him, eventually he let me go and had me walk in front of him. All the while keeping a eye on me. It was a quiet walk, than he just had to open his mouth.