Chapter 5: Encounter

Dead, I was dead, I remembered as I was greeted by an aching throat, back and wrist. If I am dead, then why the Reapers Scythe am I hurting? When you die, do you feel the pain constantly of what you died from? If so, kill me now.

Idiot, your already dead, you can't die again.

And death cannot separate us, just great my life just got worse.

You don't have a life or I for that matter, were dead.

Thanks for cheering me up again, I love how you always look on the bright side.

"Mmmm." A sound echoed in my ear and then bright light streamed in from nowhere.

What the... Once my eyes adjusted I stared at the forest around me as I laid on moss ground.

I'm...alive.

I guess so, which makes sense because I don't think were supposed to feel anything when were dead.

But how?

Good question... and are you ignoring me?

I shouldn't be alive...I was attacked by a Reapers Gift. and how could I be so stupid and careless. I started to hyperventilate, each breath stabbed my sore throat.

Your name is Angela. That should explain everything.

I tried to control my breathing to stop the pain. Okay, I'm okay. I should be fine as long as I figure out what happened and how I got here after almost dying.

Hello?

First things first, where am I?

Really! You're going to act this way again?

Yes, now shut up. We have better things to worry about.

Fine!

Fine. I humph out loud and instantly regretted it as my throat throbbed again. By the way it hurt, I was surprised my neck was still attached to my head. I groaned in my head and rolled to the other side, trying to see if anything was familiar or would tell me how I got here. And boy, oh boy, did I get a answer. His face was one pinky length away from mine. His Eyes were closed with long black eyelashes and black hair outlined his tanned brown face. Breathing softly his warm breath pushed gently against my face drawing my eyes to his full lips.

Now that is a gorgeous man!

He shifted in his sleep, snuggling closer to me. Making me aware of the sharp broad angles in his face. We were so close that he was almost touching me. Touching me! I needed to get away.

Or closer.

Shut it! We don't have time to argue, he could be infected and there is a chance that he looks at me it could activate.

But he saved us, and the possibility of us being his activator, is one out two chance.

I don't care about the facts! And we don't know for sure if he did save us! Anyway, all I care about is that it could happen at any time, from anything!

But...

No butt's!

I inched my face away from his to look around and see if I could find any weapons to kill him with. I spotted my bow laying against a tree with my arrows. What luck. Now I just need to roll away and grab it with my head still on and back in place. I looked down into my more than likely, rescuers face... no my Foes face. Crap...