Chapter 10 (Truth Seeker)

Lilly P.O.V

I'm literally sitting at the edge of my seat, anticipating Every vowel uttered out of Jake's mouth. What could Marc possibly do to his sister? Did he kill her with his bare hands? Was he her lover?

As soon as the thought crossed my mind, my heart began pumping faster. Surely I couldn't possibly care about his past affairs, or any affairs at all. After all I wasn't his girl.

Too deep in thought I completely blanked out, blurring out anything besides my thoughts, but thankfully a pair of large hands shook me out of it, literally. When I came to I was face to face with a confused Jake. "Are you okay, was I boring you?" I quickly shook my head hoping I didn't offend him. "No! I'm sorry I don't know what got over me.." he nodded his head in response to my apology.

"So.. where were we?" I barely finished my sentence when I heard the door open and close,  immediately after I heard my mother's voice ring through the house "Lilly sweetie where are you?"

"Shit, what is she doing home this early" I murmured under my breath. Jake got the hint and asked for a way to exit besides the front door. I pointed up to my room and he headed upstairs, but not before telling me one last thing. "We'll finish this conversation some other time" with that being said he winked and dashed up the stairs.

"Sweetie I bought you some cinnamon raisin bagels and cream cheese" my mom screamed from the kitchen. I replied with an almost inaudible thank you and proceeded to reach for my phone.

I scrolled through my contacts looking for Marc's contact. I finally found it after what seems like forever , I began typing swiftly

"We need to talk"... No that sounded too serious, I erased it and began over again "So Jake came by." Okay so maybe that's not the best thing to tell him. I decided to go the simple route and sent "Hey, are you busy?". I tapped the send button and almost immediately I got a reply "I'll be there in 5 minutes.. we need to talk"

____________________________________

A quick teaser for all my loyal readers. Please vote, and comment for part 11.

Thank you and much Love

- Miss_Imperfection_