Chapter 12

Abbie's POV

We pulled up into a green clearing surrounded by trees and woods. The clearing was medium sized, situated on top of a small hill, the gravel road continuing all the way to the bottom, where there was a small lake with a wharf. The gravel was bordered by a big grass patch on both sides, which left us plenty of space for setting up tents and to run around freely.

The entire five-hour long ride consisted of Harry and Louis messing around with each other, Heather and Rose gossiping about boys from their school, dirty jokes here and there, while I just listened everybody, laughing. Whenever a song we knew came on the radio, everybody would sing at the top of their lungs.

The highlight of the ride was definitely when 'What Makes You Beautiful' came on. The passing cars must have thought we were mental, bouncing in our seats and screaming the words, throwing our arms in the air.

"I'm still terrified for my life. You dance with no hands on the steering wheel!" Louis said to Heather once we all got out of the car.

"She does it all the time." Rose smiled, laughing.

"I thought it was quite cute." Harry said, winking at Heather.

"You have to say that, she's your girlfriend" Louis teased, slapping Harry on the back.

Liam then pulled up on the gravel and put the car in park. Niall climbed out quickly, and I watched him get Jordyn and Jonathan out of their car seats. He looked so handsome, smiling and talking to the twins. He would be such a great father.

Right when Niall placed them on the ground, he crouched down, whispering something to them, pointing at me. The twins spotted me and ran full force towards me. I crouched down, opening my arms just in time to catch them into a hug.

"I missed you Abbie" Jordyn whispered in my ear, wiping her eye.

"Aww I missed you too sweetie" I rubbed her back soothingly.

This had, by far, been the longest time I had been without them without my mom at least being with them- except for when I was trapped at the mall- as odd as that might sound. I brought them everywhere with me so I was constantly with them; not that I minded. It was hard for me too to be without them. The time at the mall was so nerve-wracking for me, I nearly went mad with anxiety, since I didn't know if they were fine or not.

Niall jogged over, smiling widely at me. I placed the twins down and they ran to the others, hugging them as well.

Niall stepped forward and picked me up in his arms, twirling us in circles. I giggled, telling him to let me go. He set me down and pressed a soft kiss to the corner of my lips, making me smile.

"I missed you" he whined, looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Oh you did now?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "The ride wasn't that long"

"Yeah, well I've been with you almost 24/7 since I met you, it made me antsy not being with you" he said seriously, gazing in my eyes.

I blushed, smiling at him. "Well I missed you too" I hugged him around the waist, snuggling my face in his chest. I heard the deep rumble of his laugh as he hugged me back tightly and smiled at the sound. I loved his laugh.

"When we drive back, I'll make sure we're in the same car, I promise." he whispered.

"Oi guys! We'd like some help here!" Zayn called as he struggled to carry two tents and a picnic basket.

I rushed to him, taking the basket from his hands.

Everyone was unloading the cars now, setting everything on several picnic tables that were already on the site. Niall and I joined them. It was then that Paul pulled into the clearing with the RV, parking next to the two cars on the gravel.