Great guns to have 1

Glocks

Glock Pistols are perhaps the worlds most common pistol, selling extremely well since the 1990s. Glock is an industry leader for many reasons. Roughly 60% of all North American law enforcement agencies utilize them. They are very lightweight, durable, steady firing, and have great ammunition capacity. However, they have a substantial number of detractors who consider Glocks sub-par and overrated in terms of angle and feel of the grip, quality of trigger and sights, lack of a manual safety, and propensity to break with extended shooting on higher caliber models. They are very good for amateur shooters (which one is likely to find in abundance in a Zombie scenario), but many more experienced handgun wielders tend to eventually prefer other pistols. This may be partially due to the desire to customize their sidearm, which the Glock does not lend itself to easily. This sentiment is mostly nullified in a zombie apocalypse, where firing properly right out of the box like a Glock will save more lives over all. The biggest advantage of a Glock is that they are so overly abundant. Everyone in the post apocalypse should get some shooting experience on the Glock, because if there should come a time where other guns are out of ammo, there will probably still be plenty of Glocks and 9mm ammo around. Glocks are also available in a variety of calibers, from smaller, weaker calibers like the 9mm to powerful ones like the .40 and .45 ACP, plus specialist calibers such as the .357 SIG.