13.

It was 2 days since me and Van had spoken and I quickly realized that time was running out and I'd have to go back to the dorms. I had barely two weeks left to pack up everything and for the first time since highschool, I was dreading leaving this place.

I was interrupted from my thoughts as my phone rang across the room. I stepped out of bed slightly annoyed as goosebumps formed across my thighs. Why was it always so fucking cold in my apartment, I thought to myself before turning over my phone revealing the caller. I couldn't help the smile tugging at my lips as I pulled the phone up to my ear.

"Good morning." He said across the line. He sounded very awake for 8:23 am.

"Well it was until you forced me out of bed." I said faking annoyance.

"Argh shit sorry, I just thought I should give you a call." He said apologetically.

"I'm taking the piss, I was up anyway." I said walking over to the kitchen area to make some breakfast.

"What's on your mind Vanny boy." I said teasingly.

I remembered Larry calling him that that night at the bar and I had planned on using it myself because of how much he hated it.

"Not you too, fuck." Van said groaning with irritation.

"I kinda like it, to be honest." I carried on just to drive him up the wall.

"Well don't. Or else I'm gonna find you a fucking horrible nickname I swear to god." He said warningly.

"Alright alright jeezus." I said through a laugh.

"Fuck, you got me so sidetracked now I don't even remember why I was calling.. Oh yeah I had to ask you something- it's totally sound if you're not up to up I know how girls are with time and stuff- you might be busy too-" he rambled,

"Just fucking tell me Van." I urged laughing again. What was so important that he had to call this early.

"Basically my mum wants me to bring a date to my uncles wedding to show that I have my life together or some shit- I was gonna bring Benji just to see the look on my grans face but my mum got pissy about it- basically go with me."  He finished.

I couldn't stop the smile spreading across my face. He was being  really nervous in his speech so obviously this mattered to him.
I decided to put him out of his misery after a bit of silence.

"Yeah sure sounds good." I answered, trying to act nonchalant but simultaneously shitting myself at the thought of meeting his family.
I was always so bad at first impressions.

"Yeah?" He answered, almost shocked.

I laughed,
"Yeah. Just tell me when you wanna pick me up."

"I don't know why, but I was really excepting you to say no." He chucked.
I could just imagine the childish look on his face.
"Alright then, I'll come over end of this week and text you when I'm coming." He continued.

"Yeah, good.
But I've never been to a wedding so I'm probably gonna be shit company."
I added bashfully.

"Yeahh but you smell nicer than Benji." He commented, waiting some sort of reaction.
"And you're fit." He added when he didn't get one,

"Is that your criteria for girls?" I asked with a smirk on my face, pacing around my room.

"Amongst other unobtainable things." He answered cockily.

I rolled my eyes at his comment,

"What? Girls that will sleep with you?" I said through a gush of laughter.
I could tell he wanted to give in aswell, but he kept his composure.

"Alright, alright be a dick after I showered you with compliments." He huffed out jokingly.

"I love how sensitive you are." I smirked, pushing him.

"Same goes for you." He replied, with a sexual tone.
"Especially when I do that thing you really like and you pull my-"

"-Stop you grimy fuck!" I shouted through my embarrassment.

"Okay, okay. I'll text you then, yeah." He said, obviously proud about regaining power.

"Mkay.." I answered dismissively.

The more I was thinking about the "thing" he had mentioned, the more I realized how bad I wanted to see him again.

But I couldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

------------------------------------------
Tip:
Listen to fleetwood Mac if you haven't yet.

Another tip:
Do homework instead of writing fiction lel.