4.

We'd been driving for a couple minutes when I noticed Van's hand bopping around making unrecognizable beats on his lap. I turned to him,

"Dyou wanna put on some music or something, all my CDs are in that compartment?"  I pointed absentmindedly.

"Class, alright let's see what we have then?" He said, the CDs spilling out of the compartment onto his lap.

He rummaged through my collection as I mentally thanked myself for throwing out those old Madonna albums a couple weeks prior.
He narrowed it down to three, The Killers: Sam's town; Tame impala: Currents and The Strokes: Comedown machine. He settled for The Strokes album and I smirked. It was my favorite.
As "Tap out" came on he added,

" I do like First impressions of earth better but I guess this will do." He said with an exaggerated sight.

I looked at him in shock, " Nah nah nah, this album is so good. Come one Welcome to Japan is a fucking tune!"

"Yeah buttt, razorblade and juice box...you can't argue with that." He protested.

I turned to face the road.

"Fuck off." I muttered. He just erupted into fits of laughter as I tried to keep a straight face.

A while passed before he spoke again.

" You know one day I want to be an album in your car." He smiled, scrunching up his nose.

"That really is the dream isn't it?" I smiled.
"You never told me what you play in your band by the way." I continued.

"Guess." He challenged.

I thought about it, Van was loud so he might be lead but at the same time he did kinda remind me of a bass player. I settled for the latter.

"Bass?"

He smirked," Why dyou think that?"

"I don't know, your fingers kinda look like bass player fingers." I blushed, realizing how it sounded.

He took the opportunity to take the piss, " So you look at my fingers a lot then?" He smirked.

"Stop that." I said through a smile, he just laughed again.

"I'm actually lead singer but I also play some parts of the guitar like the background stuff. Or else I would look like a right twat up there." He rambled.

I hide my admiration,
"You'll have to play for me some time." I added.

"I will love." He answered swiftly.

"You know I used to be in a band at school." I admitted, trying to find some common ground.
"We were kinda shit but if you look it up you can find a very uncomfortable looking prepubescent Thea singing an Arctics song on YouTube." I smiled at the memory.

Van looked weirdly excited about my little secret.

" You're taking the piss? Did you write your own songs and that?" He asked.

I smirked at his excitement, " Yeah they're still on my channel, I wrote a tune called gold that got a couple views. We made a music video and everything. "

"My mates won't believe this." He shook his head with a smile on his face.

I thought about that, did he really want to mention me to his friends? In all honestly, I liked the thought of being a known name amongst his circle. I didn't really know what to think.
On the one hand I didn't want to become some late nigh call, but at the same time, I wasn't sure if I wanted a relationship. I just knew I didn't want to get hurt again.

My thoughts were interrupted as I pulled up at the street Van had directed me to. I stopped the car and got out to say goodbye.
We walked down the street abit and as we got to a modern looking house he turned to me.

" This is me." He said, letting his heavy arms rest on my frail shoulders.

"Alright then,  it was nice knowing you." I smirked looking up at his shocked expression he quickly disguised by a devilish smile.

"You couldn't live without me love, you're not fooling anyone."

The comment sat uncomfortably with me.
Was he like this to other girls, and should I even care? I just forced a laugh,  not knowing what to say next.

Instead he took it upon himself to peck my cheek, letting his lips linger.

"You better text me back you cheeky git." He said to me warningly.

I faked a shocked expression before giving him a quick kiss as an answer. I turned away from him, smiling, as I thought I had the upper hand; but seconds after he pulled me back into him, kissing me more deeply.

I smiled into the kiss, this guy was going to be the death of me.