04: A New Solider

Walking aside Mikasa, Armin, and Eren, we finally made it the graduation ceremony location. As I looked around, all the trainess seemed to be more excited than ever. Cheering, laughing, crying tears of joy, the whole thing. Of course, who wouldn't be? This was our chances to show the world and the titans what we can do. Showing them that we're not just kids with unforgettable dreams. This was my time for give it my all, and destroy all titans. But, of course, there was one thing. What if I'm not good enough? What if I fall behind, or slow everyone down? Just the thought made me nerves. My hands started to shake and I could feel my full body grow hotter and hotter by the second.

"Haku. Are you alright?" I jerked my head upward to meet eyes with Armin. It was normal for him to see me like this, since he always had my back and whatnot. I smirked at him.

"Never been better." I lied. I could tell that he saw through it. Armin turned around for a brief moment, and then turned at me once more.

"Come on. Eren, and Mikasa are up in front." Armin waved at me to follow him. I gave him a look of confusion. I turned to my left. Either Mikasa nor Eren were there. I must been day dreaming for sometime. I turned back to Armin, still waving at me to follow. I did as he said, or waved...

When we reached Mikasa and Eren, I stood right in the middle of the two. People talking filled the air quickly, and it began to grow louder and louder. I had to cover my ears because of all the noise. I looked up at the stage to meet eyes with one of the members of the Stationary Guard. I removed my hands from my ears, and waited for the man to speak. Anyone started to slowly quite down. The man saluted the crowd. No one spoke. As expected, we saluted back at him. Without a word, the man moved aside from the middle of the stage to revel another man. He stepped foreword.

"Welcome to the 104th Trainess Squad graduation ceremony. I thank you all on your presents here at this important event." It was one of the captains from the Stationary Guard. He had short blond hair that only reached behind his ear, and what I believed where golden-brown eyes. "Now, without further ado, we shall begin the ceremony." The man stepped aside and spoke once more. "All salute Head Instructor, Keith Shadis!" Once again, we salute in sync with one another. Shadis walked over from behind the man.

"I shall call out the names of the top ten soldiers of the 104th Traniness Squad." He said in a deep, emotionless voice. Chatter started up once again, but was quickly dismissed by Shadis death stare. It gave me a chill down my back.

"Mikasa Ackerman," Mikasa stepped forward. "Reiner Braun," He stepped up as well.

As the list want on, I patiently waited for my name to be called. By the time Shadis announced the 5th solider, who to me surprise was Eren, I knew I wasn't going to be called up. Out of disappointment, I started to walk back to the middle of the crowd. I could feel many eyes staring right at my back and it started to piss me off.

"Jean Kirschtein, Marco Bott, Conny Springer, Sasha Braus, and Christa Renz." Shadis called out aloud. They all stepped up. "These soldiers have earned the privilege of joining the Military Police Fore, to fight aside Commander Nile Dawk, as well as to live within the Inner Wall."

I began to walk faster than before. My anger started to turn into sadness and disappointment. It's not that I wanted to join the Military Police, I didn't even want to. It was that I wasn't in the Top Ten. I wasn't good enough. I will never be as good as any of them. I tried my best not to break out into tears has hard as I could.

"However," I heard Shadis voice from behind me. "There is one solider that must be included into the Top Ten. The other commanders and I have decided to include one more member of the Top Ten group. This solider as shown that they are not just able to do more then just complete all of the trainning they have gone through, but that they have earned the respect of all of us."

I stopped dead in my tracks, not moving a muscle. I didn't bother to turn around for any reason. There was no point. But, how odd for there to be an 11th group member of the Top Ten. Kinda stupid in my opinion. But, at least someone else can fore fill their dreams on becoming one of the best soldiers of all 104 trainess. There better off with the others than I will ever be.

"This solider goes by the name of Haku Tsukiko."