08: I'm Sorry

As the teams prepared for battle, the Titan began to become more reckless and hungry. With hundreds of people dead, and thousands of people trying to escape the madness within these walls, the 104th Trainess Squad fight on to protect the ones who can not fight for themselves.

It's been about two hour since the titans attacked and entered Wall Rose. Because of all the stress and tension, many of the others have been having panic attacks, including Armin and Jean, and even fainting. Eren, Mikasa, and I tried our best to calm them down, but it didn't seem to work as much as I planned it too. When the time came to leave, we were ready. As we filled our minds with hope and our hearts with courage, we headed out into our positions.

My team and I were currently on the roof of one of the once lively homes of this town. As I looked of the other houses and buildings, I asked myself, Am I really that scared? Of what might happen to me, my friends, the family I was a part of in this team, and the ones I have yet to know? To be completely honest, I was scared. No, that's an understatement. I was terrified. Frightened even. All my life, I've been afraid of titans. Afraid of the world. Afraid of the chances of living, and dieing. Now, as I stand in the middle of it all, I lay my life on the line for hundreds, maybe thousands, of people. Of course, this is what I trained for, right? I just never thought the day would ever come.

I sighed deeply, trying to keep the thoughts out of my head. I pinched the bridge of my nose with my index-finger and thumb out of frustration. Then, I felt a slight tap on my left shoulder. My head jolted up-right, as my fingers lowered near my chin. I slowly turned to my left. There was on one there. I then quickly turned to my right, immediately hitting heads with Armin.

"Haku! I'm so sorry! I was just trying to cheer you up," He said, his eyes looking up where a small mark was located from when we collided, on my forehead. "I didn't mean to hurt you! I just saw you over here, and I didn't want to leave you like that, and-"

"Armin, it's fine," I giggled, while rubbing the newly formed bump. "I actually need that. Thank you." I smiled at him shyly. He stared at me with a confusing look, then returned the smile back.

"You okay, Haku?" Eren, only a few feet away towards my right, looked at me with a concerned face.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just a little dump. Don't worry about me."

Eren sighs with relief. "Okay, sorry," He chuckled. His intention then want on to Armin. "Hey Armin, I think they need you over there?" His head jerked sideways towards the other members of the team.

"What?" Armin replied. Eren repeated himself, and jerked his head towards the group once more. This time, Armin seemed to understand, and walked away. I stood there chuckling.

Eren rolled his eyes, and turned towards me once again. We both looked towards the town, no titans to be seen.

"This is it," He spoke. "All we worked for leads up to this point."

"Yeah. Three years, Eren." I crossed my arms, thinking about the past. We both stood in comfortable silents for minutes at a time, until he broke it.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"I'm sorry? For what? You didn't do anything wrong," I replied.

"Yes I did. I got angry at you and Mikasa for no good reason. I was just stressed and, honestly, a little confused at the time. I understand if your angry at me, I mean you have the right to be, but, before this begins, I just want to say that I'm really sorry. You, Armin, and Mikasa are the only family I have left."

I stood in shock, my mouth hanging open slightly. Never in my life have I heard Eren, or anyone in that matter, apologize to me in such a deep and meaningful way. A smile slowly began to form across my face. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck, taking him into a hug.

"I wasn't mad at you from the beginning. I understand. It's hard and stressful for all of us. Fighting for your friends, families, people we yet to know, and yourselves," I said, smiling like a geek. It was so cheesy that I laughed at myself. "It's fine, really. I'm just glad we can fight for what we love together."

As I finished, Eren wrapped his arms around my waist, embracing the hug into a warm, soft bear hug. His face berried in my collar bone, as his grip becoming tighter and tighter. Then, out-of-no-where, Armin popped up aside me.

"So, how's to going over here?"

"AH!" Eren and I screamed. Eren quickly jumped out of my arms, leaving me with the coldness of the wind.

"Oh, uh, f-fine." He softly spoke, blushing deeply. I giggled at his blush, making me do the same. He laughed along at my shyness, making me blush even more.

"Yeah, Armin, we're fin-"

THUMP

THUMP

THUMP

"What was that?!" Someone nervously asked from behind us.

THUMP

"Oh no." Armin said in a soft, weak voice.

THUMP

I tried to speak, but I couldn't say anything.

"I-is that a-a-"

Eren's eyes quickly filled with anger and pain. His voice rough and thick. Standing in front of us was the worst creature anyone could ever image. Standing at 15 meters max. Humanitys' worst nightmare.

"Titan!"