Christmas at the Burrow

Ron and Hermione were walking outside enjoying the cool breeze."I know! Let's play some chess,Hermione"he said taking her hand."Chess?"she asked."Yeah. Wouldn't it be fun?"he asked her."If you think losing to you is fun,then I'm not playing"she said pouting playfully."But we haven't played chess in a long time. Don't you like to play Wizard's Chess. Please. Just one game"he said."Fine. But isn't your chess board at the Burrow? You didn't bring it here after we got married"she whispered."Well of course I brought it with me. In hopes that you will someday want to play Wizard's Chess with me"he laughed. Hermione laughed too. They leant in and kissed each other.

When they broke apart,Ron took her hand and led her inside the house."Come on. I think I left the chess set up in the attic"he whispered. They climbed up to the attic. Hermione coughed."It's so dusty in here"she coughed. Finally,Ron found it,a battered and old looking chess set with all the chess pieces. They placed the board on a table in their living room. Hermione took the white pieces while Ron took the black pieces."There's no point in playing this game. We all know who the winner is"she smiled. Ron took her hand in his and kissed it."Oh,we'll see"he whispered. Hermione blushed and smiled.

Ron moved his piece first. They played for about an hour."Checkmate!"said Ron finally. Hermione pouted."You win again,Ron Weasley. How did you get so good in this game?"she said crossing her arms. He took her in his arms and kissed her on the lips."I don't know. But I can teach you how to play a better game next time"he said smiling. Hermione smiled."Remember when we visited my parents house and you ended up playing chess with my father?"she laughed."Yeah. And he got so angry that I beat him"chuckled Ron pulling her closer to him. Hermione blushed and sighed happily. Ron cocked his head slightly and kissed her gently. She giggled and kissed him back. They lingered around that moment for quite a while enjoying being in each other's arms.

When they finally broke apart,Ron smiled at her."You don't know how much I love you"he whispered in her ear. Hermione blushed and snuggled closer to him. They stayed like that for who knows how long. Ron bent down and kissed her forehead gently. Their eyes met again and they couldn't help but get lost in each other's eyes. Hermione leant her head on his shoulder,smiling. "I don't think I can ever live without you,Ron"she whispered in his ear. He kissed her very passionately."I can't live without you,too"he whispered nuzzling her cheek.
_________________________________________________________________

Ron and Hermione were sitting in the Burrow on a lazy afternoon surrounded by their family. Ron had his arm over Hermione's shoulder. Everyone was talking to one another. Hermione had just placed all the presents under the Weasley Christmas tree. She was busy talking to Ginny on her right and on her left,Ron was busy talking with Harry about their Auror mission that had just passed. Bill and Fleur Weasley were there with their two girls,Victoire and Dominique. Of course,Victoire was talking with Teddy. She had just started her first year at Hogwarts while he was in his third year. Percy and Audrey were deep in conversation with Mr and Mrs Weasley while Molly and Lucy were busy playing with Fred and Roxanne in a corner. George and Angelina were happily enjoying a conversation with Bill and Fleur.

"So...what was Ron's Christmas gift to you?"asked Ginny quietly."I don't know"said Hermione with an amused look on her face."I bet it'll be very romantic"whispered Ginny so that Harry and Ron wouldn't here. Hermione rolled her eyes playfully."You know how Ron is sometimes...he might just give me a kiss and say that's my Christmas present. And what did Harry get you?"she said."This bracelet. Doesn't it look beautiful"she asked pointing at a bracelet dangling from her wrist. Hermione nodded. She turned and saw Ron and Harry still talking about how Ron had gotten Stunned twice during their mission. They had just finished eating dinner around the crowded dining tables. Mrs Weasley had cooked such a fancy dinner including meatloaf,shepherd's pie and a giant plate of lasagna. Even the dessert was to die for with Christmas pudding,treacle tart and an almost giant-sized cake.