Decorating the Christmas tree

Ron and Hermione were cuddled up in front of the fireplace again with Otter."Guess what?"Ron whispered in her ear."What?"whispered Hermione. He interlaced their fingers together,caressing her hand."Tomorrow's Christmas. And I'll be spending it with you..and the others at the Burrow"he smiled. Hermione smiled."I know. I'm so happy to be with you on Christmas,Ron. You don't know how happy it makes me feel"she whispered resting her head on his chest. Ron kissed the top of her head gently."Hermione..I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not telling you I'll be coming back early. And that we can spend Christmas together. I know you were so broken-hearted. I didn't mean to break your heart. Forgive me?"he whispered holding her hand to his heart."Ron..you didn't know,right? You only knew during your mission"asked Hermione."I could've sent you a letter. Even when I wanted it to be a surprise,I didn't think that Harry would have told Ginny. I forgot about that. I should have told him not to"he said."Ron,you don't have to say sorry. Please don't say sorry because you don't have too. As long as your here..with me and your not going to leave"she whispered.

Ron smiled at her,slowly stroking her hair."Ron! We forgot about the Christmas tree!"said Hermione leaping up."The-the Christmas tree?"he asked."Yes! The Christmas tree!"she said. She hurried over to the Christmas tree and opened a box full of ornaments beside the tree."Well,don't just sit there,help me!"she said. He walked over to her and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear."Just relax,Hermione. We'll get it done. Don't worry. And as for me,I volunteer to put up the mistletoe"he said pressing his forehead against hers. Hermione gave him an amused face."The mistletoe? Ron..I would say no but...fine! Just put up the mistletoe!"she laughed. Ron sped to gather all the mistletoe and place them in different places. He raced to the entrance and placed one on top.

Then he placed another one in the kitchen. Hermione turned to the Christmas tree. It had already been half an hour and Ron wasn't done yet. She just had one last ornament,the golden star that goes on top of the tree. Ron had just finished and he saw Hermione struggling to place the star all the way on top. He chuckled to himself,thinking why on earth Hermione wouldn't use the hover charm. Maybe she forgot. He slowly made his way up to her and wrapped his arms around her tiny waist."I'm all done. It looks like your almost done too"he whispered in her ear."It's just this golden star. I can't get it on top"she said. The tree was too tall for her that even when she jumped,she couldn't reach it. Ron's arms were long and could reach there.

He gently grabbed hold of her hand,holding the golden star. Hermione looked at him. He just smiled goofily at her. Slowly he lifted his arm which was still holding Hermione's hand. He reached the top of the tree and Hermione placed the golden star on top of the tree. He did this without taking his eyes off of her."Now your all done. See? That wasn't so hard was it?"he whispered in her ear. Hermione looked at him and smiled lovingly."What would I ever do without you in my life,Ronald Weasley?"she asked. Ron smiled."If it weren't for you,Harry and I would probably already be dead"he whispered."Ron...that's not true"she said. Ron just shook his head and tightened his grip on her."I know that you know that too,Hermione"he said. Hermione looked at the floor and didn't say anything.

"But still,you were the heroes. Harry might be the hero,but obviously not for me"she whispered leaning her head on his chest and linking their fingers together. Ron pulled her in for a kiss,a very passionate kiss."And you'll always be the one who I think about every single day of my life. The one who I dream about. I've never been this in love with anybody. Everything about you is perfect. Your perfect...your so..perfect,love"he whispered smiling. Hermione blushed and sighed happily and smiled with her eyes closed,her head on his chest. He bent down and kissed her cheek softly,his lips lingering on her cheek. Hermione giggled."I love you. I'll say it a million times if I could"he whispered in her ear. He wrapped his arms around her tiny waist."Oh Ron..stop it"she giggled.

Whenever Ron wrapped his arms around her or whispered 'I love you' into her ear,she could feel how much he loved her. She could just feel the love between them. Even when they kiss,she always felt so happy to be in his arms. The effect he had on her was extraordinary. Even when she's sad,the soft touch of his hand on hers would be enough to make her happy. And now,she could feel him staring at her when she was looking away. She could feel him slowly caress her fingertips. She couldn't describe the feeling in her heart. She just feels so happy when she's around him. Ron always made Hermione feel this way,like there were a thousand butterflies in her stomach. Ron was Hermione's hero. Whenever she cried,he would always be there to say something nice about her and gently kiss her tears away. Whenever they looked into each other's eyes,there would be an indescribable feeling inside of her. He always wanted to protect her. She knew it was true love. It was definitely true love. They might have started out rough,but it was all wonderful now. It was as if it was just him and Hermione in the world,and no one else. He would hold her hand and place it in his gently. It was clear he didn't want to let her go. Ron kissed her cheek again and lingered on the moment again."I love you too...forever"she whispered.

They stayed in each other's arms. Ron kept on kissing her cheek,making Hermione giggle even more."Stop it,Ron"she squealed. He sighed happily and placed one hand behind her neck. His thumb caressed her cheek. Their eyes locked together. Hermione blushed. Just the thought that she was his...that they were going to be together forever..made Ron feel so happy. He knew they were meant to be together. Ron knew that whenever he was angry,Hermione...only Hermione's soft voice and touch on his hand was enough to make him pull her into his arms and kiss her. He had never been this in love with anybody in his entire life. He pressed his forehead against hers. Hermione's heart was thumping fast. They closed their eyes,enjoying the perfect moment. Ron chuckled to himself,thinking of the time he first met her. He hated her. He didn't even want to be in the same Hogwarts house as her. But now,he loved her. He loved her more than anything in the world. Love brought the most unlikely people together. He leant it and kissed her.

Hermione kissed him back."We're meant to be together,Hermione"he whispered."I know"she whispered looking into his eyes which were filled with so much love for her. He lifted her up bridal style and carried her to their room. They fell asleep in each other's arms straight after that.

__________________________________________________________________ A/N: Hi there! So I finished this chapter! Thank you so much for reading this chapter! More to come! ;) -Danielle