Chapter 12

"Presenting queen Susan the Gentle, empress of the Lone Islands, lady of Cair Paravel and her sister, queen Lucy the Valiant, empress of the Lone Islands and lady of Cair Paravel. Presenting high princess Katherina the Brave, daughter of high king Peter the Magnificent, Consulter of the Bright Northern Skies, lady of Cair Paravel and Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Lion." the herald announced as we entered. Everyone stared at me and my aunts as uncle Ed and my father walked over to us.

"I'm sorry about what happened yesterday, father. It won't happen again." I stated, hanging my head. "I spoke to Edmund about it and we agreed we shan't speak of it again. Even though I believe they're a bad influence, especially that Carlos boy, if you see the good in them, I shall try to follow you in that belief." dad told me in an irritated tone. "Thank you, father." I replied, bowing slightly. "We speak of it no further. Right now, we have a coronation to attend." uncle Ed stated, holding out his arm to aunt Lucy. Dad did the same with aunt Susan and I was to walk on my own. We took our place near the stage, right in the front.

I glanced around me, looking for Evie, Jay and Carlos. When I found them up the balcony, I smiled at them. Carlos looked at me hopefully and I showed him my right hand, on which the ring was. I saw him smile wider than the Cheshire Cat as I turned my attention back to the door. King Beast and queen Belle entered and walked down the aisle, before sitting down on their thrones. Mal entered shortly afterwards, walking down the aisle, accompanied by a servant. She stood near the stage, but still off. She looked absolutely gorgeous.

"You look stunning." I told her through telepathy. She stared at me shocked, but as soon as she it was me, she smiled back. 'You too.' she mouthed. I looked around and saw Maere and her family from across the aisle, along with Irene and her family. They all looked so happy. I glanced to my right and saw Hiccup and his mum and dad standing a couple of metres away along with James and his dad. For once in his life, James was actually wearing a suit. Then the choir began to sing as the doors opened. Ben entered, looking slightly nervous. But who could blame him? He was about to be crowned king. As he passed me and my family, we bowed respectfully as I smiled at him. Ben looked at me and smiled back as he stepped onto the stage.

In the meantime, Fairy Godmother hugged queen Belle and bowed to king Beast, before taking his crown. Ben kneeled on the stairs and Godmother placed the crown on his head. Then, king Beast lifted the glass case and queen Belle picked up the wand and handed it to Fairy Godmother. "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy, as long as you shall reign?" she asked Ben. "I do solemnly swear." Ben answered. Fairy Godmother placed the wand on both his shoulders. "Then it is my honour and my joy to bless our new king." she stated. Fairy Godmother held her wand in the air and smiled down at Ben.

Suddenly, Jane grabbed the wand, surprising us all. Everyone gasped as a beam of light erupted from the wand, flying out the window. "Child! What are you doing?!" Godmother shouted, walking down the steps. "If you won't make me beautiful, then I'll do it myself!" Jane yelled, swinging around the wand. The magic was too powerful for her, seeing she was struggling to hold onto it. Ben ran in front of Mal, protecting her. Everyone backed up, except for me, Ben and Mal. "Bibbidy...bobbidy...boo!" Jane tried. But the wand kept sending sparkles out, frightening everyone. "Please, stop her!" king Beast shouted as he protected Godmother and queen Belle.

Mal ran forward, trying to take the wand from Jane's grasp. "Careful, Mal!" queen Belle yelled, genuinely concerned. Mal pulled the wand from Jane's grip and stood there, holding the wand tightly. Jane ran off, scared of her own doing. Ben approached her carefully.

"Mal...Give me the wand." he stated. "Stand back." Mal warned him. "It's okay." Ben reassured her. In the meantime, Carlos, Evie and Jay had run through the doors as well. "Ben, I said stand back!" Mal shouted at him. "I told you so!" Audrey sneered. Mal pointed the wand at her, making her back up. "Not today, missy!" I snapped, casting a silencing spell on her. Mal looked at me worried, before staring at Ben once more. "Let's go." Carlos stated. "Revenge time." Jay reminded her. "You really wanna do this?" Ben tried.