Chapter 10

-FAMILY DAY-

-FAMILY DAY-

"Kathy! Kathy!" Maere yelled, running towards me. She made her way through the parents and kids alike. "What is it?" I asked her, staring at the red-haired princess. "Your family is here..." she panted, pointing somewhere in the crowd. I picked up the hem of my dress and ran towards the family dressed in medieval clothes. My sword banged against my leg, but I didn't care.

"Dad!" I yelled. The oldest of the group spun around, looking at me. "Kathy!" he shouted, running towards me. We met in the middle and embraced one another tightly. "I missed you, my daughter. And what beautiful hair, I might add." he whispered, letting go of me. "Thanks, dad and I missed you too." I answered. "Do we get to see our niece, or are you going to keep her to yourself the whole time?" uncle Ed asked. "Hey there, uncle." I smiled, walking towards the dark-haired man. "Good to see you, witchy." he smiled, using my childhood nickname. "Very funny, Ed." aunt Susan stated rather unamused. "Hi, Kathy, how are you?" aunt Lucy asked. "I'm doing great, thanks. How's everyone back home doing?" I questioned, looking at my family. "Pretty good, actually. Mr. Tumnus invites you for tea when you come back." uncle Edmund told me.

"So, how are your friends? As crazy as ever, I presume?" my dad asked me. "If you're talking about James, then, yes." I replied, smiling. "And the others?" aunt Susan wondered. "Maere is still trying to sneak out of etiquettes class, Irene is over the moon with the coronation and Hiccup is, well...still being Hiccup." I stated.

"Speaking of which, I actually made some new friends." I told them. "That's great! Do we know their parents?" dad asked me. "Sort of..." I mumbled, fiddling with the hem of my sleeve. "Kathy, who are they?" he ordered. "I'll introduce you." I answered, looking for the four kids from the isle. When I found them, I walked towards them with confidence. Ben and some other kids started performing 'Be Our Guest', but I didn't really pay attention and nor did my family.

On my way there, I spotted Hiccup and his parents. "Kathy! How wonderful to see you! How have you been?" Astrid asked me, hugging me. "Great, thanks. How's Stormfly doing?" I asked. "She's doing pretty good. Toothless however, not so much." she replied with smirk while glancing at her husband. "Don't scare the poor girl, As. Don't worry. Kathy, Toothless is fine. Fishlegs is taking care of him at the moment." Hiccup III informed me. "That's good to hear. Also, thank you so much for the necklace, it's absolutely gorgeous!" I thanked the Berkian chief. "Don't mention it. After all you've done for our dragons, it's the least I could do." he reassured me, placing a fatherly hand on my shoulder.

"Well, thanks again. However, I must be off. Will you be at the coronation?" I asked them. "I think we will. After all, this is our week off." Astrid smiled at me. "Have fun today!" I said, before walking towards Mal again. She and the others were at the chocolate fountain. My family followed me, everyone staring at us on our way there. Narnian clothing stands out quite a lot here at Auradon.

"Hey Kathy!" Evie exclaimed when she saw me. She was holding Dude while the boys were basically violating the chocolate fountain. "Hi, E." I replied, petting Dude. "What brings you here?" Mal asked, looking at my family. "I want you to meet my family." I answered, looking at the boys. "Don't mind them. Hello mister Pevensie. It's so nice to meet you." Evie said with a smile, turning her attention to my dad. "Hello. And who might you four be?" aunt Susan asked, staring at Carlos and Jay. "Aunt Susan, aunt Lucy, uncle Ed and dad, meet Evie, Mal, Jay and Carlos." I stated, glancing at all of them nervously. Evie smiled politely, as did Mal.