Pain

Rhiannon POV
I was laying in the hospital bed waiting for the results. I had found out three month ago that I was in fact pregnant making me approximately six months. I had woken up several hours ago to light blood which I was told can be normal sometimes it's more the pain they are concerned about. I had called my mother but she was on a date with dad and I didn't want to worry JJ unless it was bad, so I called Danneel who is a second mother to me. She's sitting beside me holding my hand making sure my mood doesn't faulter. I know my mother would be here if I told her the truth but I didn't want to ruin her happiness just yet. "It's going to be ok" "I know I'm only four months along but I love whatever it is more than anything" she nods "I know when I found out I was pregnant with JJ I just feel in love with her before I met her" I nod. Most think it's weird how close Danneel is to us. How her and my dad are best friends, she's like a sister to my mother and second mother to me and Landon. Whenever mum and dad were busy we were with her.

We sat there talk about anything that could come to mind not having seen each other four a couple of months with our busy lives. The doctor walks in "I'm sorry to interrupt but I have the results" I nod sitting up holding Danneels hand squeezing it slightly in anticipation. "Umm there's no easy way to say this but you have Osteosarcoma it's a type of bone cancer that starts in the arms legs or pelvis...in your case it's in your legs which is why you have been having trouble with your leg" I'm clenching Danneels hand as tears build up in my eyes "my opinion as your doctor is to begin treatment immediately" I take a deep breath "there's a but isn't there" nods "your four months pregnant the child will not survive radiation" I let out a sob "I have to choose" "there is no telling how long you will survive without radiation take...the decision is yours to make I will give you time to make it" he walks towards me and hands me a card which Danneel takes as I'm crying and can't take it. "If you do decide to go ahead with radiation call the top number the bottom number is an obstetrician who is already familiar with your case...due to the cancer you will need to come in more frequently to monitor the baby" I nod "of course our main priority is to keep you both alive so a weekly blood test and urine test...every fortnight scans monitoring the baby" I nod tears still dripping down my face. Getting up with the help of Danneel thanking the doctor before walking out. "Do you need me to get you anything" I shake my head "umm no could you just take me home to mum and dad" taking a deep breath "could you help me tell them for me I don't know if I can" she nods "just do what your comfortable with I'm there if you need me" I smile at her.