8 ║ Pouring Rain

July 13th

The rain was pouring outside, soaking the street and forcing people to lock themselves in their house for the day. The heat had disappeared. The sun was gone and the beautiful blue of the sky turned into an odd grey. The night was slowly trapping the town, the houses seemed to get eyes when the lights turned on. Louis' soaking body was walking slowly in the middle of the street, he was pretty far from his street but he didn't really care anymore, his heart was lost and he was getting lost as well. He missed Tamara, but he couldn't call her, he knew she would hang up since she was mad at him for avoiding her for four days now. Why? He was scared. Scared she would know what he was hiding from her. He was still in love with her but the fear running through his veins was controlling him from head to toe and he was frozen. He didn't call or see Zayn either, he just kept his distance with everyone, everyone except his family. He obviously had to talk with Lottie and he had learnt she was falling in love with one of her class mate, he didn't know who though and as the young teenager she was she was totally lost. He had sat next to her on her bed and they had a talk about boys. Louis was a protective brother, a bit possessive, he wanted to keep his sisters innocent and happy. He was the kind of brother who could easily go threaten his sister's boyfriend to be sure he wouldn't hurt her, but she was 16. Even if she repeated a thousand times she didn't need him to protect her anymore she was actually really happy and touched he would keep his brother statue, and not just let her do her own mistake without trying to warn her.

The flames were burning Louis' feet, getting higher and higher, covering slowly his whole body and the pain was impossible to stand, he was just breaking apart in hundred of thousand bloody pieces. He had decided to go home, he was starting to shudder and even if the rain wasn't shutting down the flames, he was still cold and drowning in the tears of the sky, as a child, his mother was telling him that rain was God's tears, he would have preferred if he would still believe it. His huge sweatshirt was soaked but the leather jacket he was wearing kept his sleeves and back dry. When he arrived midway, he heard sobs in the park, at first he thought he had just imagined it, becoming even crazier so he kept walking in the rain. He stopped when the slight sound was heard once again next to the trees. His eyebrows furrowed, his bottom lip getting trapped between his teeth before he started walking toward the trees. What was that? What if the person was hurt and needed to go to hospital he didn't take his phone, he wouldn't be able to call anyone. He was getting closer and closer to the tree hiding the trembling little body. The shuddering person was trying to hide themselves against the trunk, trying to escape from the rain, burying their face in their arms and their head put in the hood of their sweatshirt. The young man squatted next to the poor person, it wasn't a child and he felt a little weight leaving his heavy shoulders. His fingers went to pat their knees and they flinched, a little broken scream coming from their hood. The head raised up and Louis opened wide eyes while recognizing the boy, he couldn't see well but enough to know who the trembling body actually was.

"Harry, it's me..."

Louis' voice was so raspy after he had smocked his twenty (or so) cigarettes, he smelled like shit which meant tobacco mixed to alcohol. He had fell so hard from his little pink cloud in his happy paradise. He was now in hell, only burning rocks and lava, covering his whole soul and capturing it in a cage.

"Who..." Harry stuttered.

By his voice and his quick breath, Louis knew the other boy was freezing and he totally knew why.

"It's Louis, come on, stand up..."

Harry tried, grabbing the tree and pulling on it to stand up from the soaked grass but he screamed and his tears once again droppied on his cheeks. Louis wrapped his fingers around Harry's forearms, trying to stop him from falling.