1 ║Louis

July 4th

Louis had always been a sweet boy. He rarely ever complained about anything and he took everything he was doing to heart. Every little thing he was embarking himself on was important. He had always loved taking care of people, listening to them, trying his best to help them. His mother had raised him that way, she wanted him to become a great person, someone who would shine with his personality and kindness. And she was proud of who her biggest child had become after 18 years. He never had any problem in school, he had never been involved in any fight. She had taught him how to respect the world around him and the people he met and to treat women with respect and love. So when he had introduced his girlfriend to his family, his mother felt like the happiest person on earth. Tamara had been his girlfriend for over two years now and they were living a pretty happy relationship. They had much more ups than downs and they rarely had any fight. Maybe that was because Louis hated talking back to her, he usually just ran in her favour and let her win the battle. His mother ended up thinking she was the luckiest person to have such a great son and Tamara felt the same.
But for Louis, it was the complete opposite. He had never felt or seen himself good enough. And while he was getting more and more self conscious, he could feel self hate grow in his brain and eat slowly every little things he used to like about himself, destroying his reflection. But the boy was a good actor, every little smile he projected on his face made everyone think he was happy. And if anyone had doubt about his happiness, they didn't speak up, just brushing the thought away, because Louis was always happy. It was who he was. He was the one who comforted his friends and family, he couldn't be sad, never. It wasn't him.

Tamara was staring at her boyfriend, deeply asleep next to her, her manicured hand setting on his bare chest. She was in love with him. Deeply in love, and she was scared of losing him. She couldn't even think about it without feeling her heart tightening in her chest. He was the perfect boyfriend, loving, caring and all "lovey dovey". She also loved the fact he was in love with her enough to do anything she wanted. She was the kind of person who needed to have control of everything and he let her be. Tamara needed someone like him and she knew she had found the good one. She was feeling so good in his arms. So peaceful. She let her nails trace his chest tattoo and his collarbones, he lost weight too. She couldn't say how much but she knew it. She liked the way he looked though, she could see his slight abs under his thin skin. But she knew something was going on, it was obvious, but what? She kissed his shoulder, their make out session from last night had erased her red lipstick. She let her forehead press against his shoulder while she whispered:

"I love you Louis..."

Louis shuddered under her whisper, keeping his eyes closed though. He clenched his jaw and turned his face toward her, burying his nose in her messy hair.
After an hour or so, when he heard the regular breath escaping his girlfriend's mouth, realising she had finally fell asleep, he got up slowly and covered her bare body with the blanket, he put on a pair of grey sweatpants and kissed her forehead softly before leaving the room. He grabbed some money from his wallet and left the house, praying not to have woken up her family. He started walking in the sweet air, it wasn't cold, it wasn't hot, it was a pleasant weather and he liked walking with his bare feet and the fresh wind stroking his chest. He could feel the cold tarmac tickling his foot sole and it was strangely a bit enjoyable. From anyone's point of view, Louis would look like a drunk man trying to come home. He hadn't been able to sleep much for a while now, he gained so much stressed recently it brought insomnia and his mind wasn't taking any rest. His body was always working out, he was so off. He looked like a broken doll. When he saw the light of the little grocery, he came in. Some people who were there glanced at him, it was almost 3, he probably had huge dark circles around his eyes and he was only wearing sweatpants. When Zayn smiled at him from the other side of the counter, Louis did the same, waving at him.

"Hi mate!"
"Hi! You're okay?" he asked, frowning a bit at Louis's pale face.

He took out the money from his back pocket nodding a bit and placed it on the counter. He didn't have to say anything as his friend placed the boxes of cigarette near Louis' money. He took out the empty box from his pocket and threw it in the bin on his left and grabbed the new boxes, opening one slowly.

"Thank you!"

☼ Author's Note ☼

→ So here's the first chapter! As I said in the introduction, it's pretty short. The next ones will be longer. Promise.

→ Do not hesitate on letting me know what you think about it, I'll always be very happy to read your opinion. 

→ Hope you had or will have a great day! Take care of you ♥

-Lisa-