The Stolen Butterflies - Chapter 3

While Joey was the driver, and I was the passanger, we sat there and laughed and laughed for as long as I can rememeber. Our conversation was almost incredible, and we didn't stop talking. I was still in the car with him at this moment, and we were at a stop light. I reached down and grabbed my drink out of my book bag and took a sip. I kind of lived far from school, and knowing Joey, he'd take the longest way there. I think that he liked me, but I wasn't sure. I didn't want him to send mixed signals. But then, I wondered; why would a guy like him like me? What was so special about me? I was nobody really. All I could think about in my head was; if I love Criss, but I like Joey. What do I do? I was so caught up on my thoughts. I looked at Joey and smiled as he was driving. "So tell me Tabatha, what's your love life like?" Joey said. Oh my god, is he really asking me this? I don't want to talk about Criss! Why would I talk about him anyway? I shook my head at the thought. Joey nudged me. "Oh, it's fine. Boyfriend, ya know." I said rolling my eyes. "Ah, well you don't sound too happy with him." he stuttered. i quickly glanced at him, and gave him a confused look. "I mean, yeah I am happy with him, theres just... problems." "Problems you say?" he raised his eye brow at me. I nodded my head. He looked confused, but I knew he was trying to figure it out of what was going through my skull.

He pulled up in front of my house and smiled at me. "Well Tab, I'll see you later. Good luck with your problems." I rolled my eyes at him. "Thank you for the ride smart one. Don't get lost on your way home, since you are that dumb." I laughed at him. He grinned at me. I smiled, and went to get out of the car, when all of a sudden, I felt a hand touch my arm and jerk me back. I fell back into the seat of the car. I looked at Joey. "Yes?" I said while lifting my eye brow. He slowly released his hand from my arm and quietly said "Tomorrow, is Saturday right?" I nodded my head yes. He glanced down, then up again at me. "Will you go out for ice cream with me? Tomorrow." I couldnt help but smile. I didn't understand why he liked me, but by god, I'm so glad he did. His head was down and he looked ashamed. I set my finger underneath his chin and smiled. "Of course I will. See you tomorrow." He smiled back at me. I leaned over, and kissed his cheek and quickly got out the car so that way he wouldn't pull me back again. I ran into the house and kept a grin on my face. I got out my keys out my backpack and unlocked my door. I starred at Joey as he drove off, although he wasn't looking back at me, but that was okay. I went into the house, and I could tell that everybody was home because the lights were on. I went into the kitchen and sat down at the counter. Mom was in the refridgerator looking for something. I grabbed an apple out the dish and started munching down on it. Mom turned around; "Well hello honey." I smiled, "Hi mom, how was your day?" she was getting dinner ready for dad to come home. Today, mom was making stuffed cabbage. Oh how I loved those. She got out the cabbage, and started peeling it. "It was okay, work was sort of busy today, why don't you help me with this?" she starred at me. I set my apple down and grabbed one of the cabbages and started peeling it. I couldn't help but think of nothing but Joey. His smile, his laugh, his everything. I smiled at the thought. Mom looked at me; "You seem awfully happy. What's gotten into you?" I laughed. "Nothing mom." she gave me a funny look. "You and Criss are so great together, arent you?" My eye brows immediately rose. I knew that I loved him with all my heart and soul, but I didn't think we were good together, I mean, I barely see him because he claims that he's always too 'busy'. I hated it, beacuse it would be nice to see him once in a while. While I was thinking, it reminded me to check my phone. I grabbed my phone off of the counter, and checked it. I had a missed call from Criss (of course) and a few text messages. I opened one of the text messages, and it had said 'Tab, I have the day off tomorrow, and I did today, do you want me to come over and I'll spend the night with you?' I groaned at the text. I didn't know if I wanted him over or not, because I'm supposed to go with Joey tomorrow. Although, I always complain that I don't get to see him much, I'll just tell Joey my situation, hopefully he'll understand. I went to go text Criss back, when all of a sudden my phone started ringing. Across the screen appeared "Criss<3" I was getting aggravated at the fact he kept texting and calling me. I answered it immediately; "Hello?" I said. "Hey babe, did you get my text message? What do you think?" Criss said. I set down the cabbage I had in my hand and wiped it off. I walked away from my mother for a second so I could speak alone to him. "Yes, I got it, and yes, you can." I rolled my eyes. I could imagine just that smile come up on his face. "Alright, I'll be there at 5." I said okay, and hung up the phone. I checked the watch on my wrist. '3:24pm'. So I had two hours before he gets here. Great, so I have time. I went back into the kitchen, mom had all the cabbage done, I helped some, but not a lot. "What was all that about?" she steered at me. I shook my head, "Oh nothing, just Criss. He's coming over at 5, and spending the night. Is that okay mom?" I said. Mom liked Criss, a lot. I knew she was going to say yes, but I still had to ask. Mom shook her head "Yes, of course. I don't want any hankey pankey. I'm not ready for grandkids, and your too young." I rolled my eyes. "Mom, seriously!?" she laughed. I hated when she did this. It made me so mad. I turned around and grabbed my phone and headed upstairs.

I threw my backpack across the room and plopped down on my bed on my back. I sighed in relieve. I'm gonna marry my bed. Everytime I laid in it, I always wanna fall asleep. I had a temper-pedic bed because of my bad back. I relaxed and felt my body cope with my bed. I closed my eyes and all I could see was Joey. I kept telling myself that I was going to stay with Criss, but then again, I kind of don't. I loved Criss, with all my heart, but it just wasn't there anymore. We've been together for 8 months now. But it seems like an entire lifetime! I don't know. We'll see what happens.

I looked around the room and raised my eye brow. I felt tired as ever now. Did I just fall asleep? I looked at my watch again. '4:46pm' I groaned. I didn't mean to fall asleep. I was just really tired from school. I got up slowly and went to the bathroom, when I came out I saw my brother in his room. I peeked through his door. "Hey dork." I yelled. "Your gay boyfriend is downstairs." he yelled back. I laughed when he said that. I ran downstairs, even though I was still in my school uniform, I didn't care. When I went downstairs, into the kitchen, he was sitting at the counter with a glass of orange soda in front of him, and laughing at my mother. They got along so well, sometimes it made me sick. I walked slowly into the kitchen and starred at them. Criss turned his head over toward me and said loudly "Hey baby!!" I smiled at him. I loved seeing him. His smile just made me melt too. "Hi babe." I sat down next to him as he wrapped his arm around me. "How long have you been here?" I said. He kissed my forehead. "Just for a couple minutes." he replied. "Did you sleep good?" I laughed, and rubbed my eyes. I set my arms down on the counter and set my head down on them. Criss leaned in and whispered into my ear "If your tired, you can go back to sleep Tab, I'm not forcing you to stay up with me." I nodded my head. I didn't want to go back to sleep, I just had to wake myself up. I lifted my head up and smiled at my mom. "You two make such a good couple." she said. I face palmed. "Mom!" she threw her hands up in the air. "Sorry, sorry!" I shook my head and groaned. "I'm going back upstairs, Criss are you coming?" he laughed and helped me up. "Come on cranky pants." I ran upstairs before he could even touch me and I plopped down on my bed once again. I closed my eyes and laid there. All I could think about was Joey.

Criss came upstairs and laid next to me slowly. "Tabatha." he said starring at me. I could tell he was starring at me, even though my eyes were completely closed. I opened my eyes and looked at him. I smiled. "Yes?" he set his hand on my cheek, then leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back of course. "I love you." he said. I grinned even more. "And I love you too." he kissed my forehead and held me close. I laid my head back down, and closed my eyes. In that brief moment, I was in love. I moved around a bit, and Criss still held me tight. "Go to sleep, I'll see you in a little bit. I'll take a nap with you." I smiled. "Okay babe, goodnight." I felt happy, but at the same time sad. Was that even possible? All of a sudden, a familiar face popped into my head. Joey.