The Stolen Butterflies - Chapter 2

I knew what exactly was going on in my head. As I walked out the classroom, I saw my crush; Joey.

I tried speed walking to hurry up and walk past him, because everytime I looked at him, I'd always smile, no matter what I would do. I know that I have my boyfriend Criss, but I feel like Joey makes me happier, even though I don't really talk to him much. Joey was perfect in my eyes, he had brown hair, the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen, and tall. I loved tall boys, even though I was pretty short. He was kind of more popular than I, but that never stopped me from liking him. He would talk to me sometimes, but not alot. Maybe he didn't want to be around a girl like me.

As I went to my locker, as Joey was down the hall, walking up. I tried to hurry and put my books in, so I could go to the next class. All of a sudden, a hand touched my shoulder. I turned around in shock. "Well hey there stranger." Joey said. I felt my heart started to race, and my cheeks felt like fire. I jerked my head down and smiled replying "Hi, Joey. How are you?" I could see him from the corner of my eye. He raised his eye brow. I felt a warm finger touch my chin. He lifted up my chin, and smiled at me. I smiled back, and all I could feel was the butterflies in my stomach, fly. He removed his hand and grabbed my book out of my locker. "Take a walk with me." he said. I closed my locker, and tried to take the book out of his hand. "Let me carry it. Don't wanna ruin those precious nails, do you?" I started laughing. I put my hands out in front of me and looked at my nails then looked at Joey. "Oh so precious." We both started laughing incredibly. We talked for a while till we got down the hall to my class. He asked me how my boyfriend was doing, and some things about me. Maybe he was interested in me, I wasn't sure; or he could just try to be my friend. Either way it went, I was still happy.

As we got to my classroom door, we stopped. "Have fun in this corny class." he smiled. I smiled back at him, as I pushed him away. "Get back to class. I'll see you later!" I said. "Yep, we'll see." we both laughed as we walked away from each other. I had the biggest grin on my face. I didn't want him to go, but he had too. I loved talking with him, because with him, I felt like I could tell him anything, besides from Criss, all he'll do is just keep the conversation a wreck.

I sat down in class, and checked my phone, it was a free day, so we could do whatever we wanted. I held my phone out in front of me and saw that I had 5 text messages and one missed phone call. Usually Criss calls me between classes just to "hear my voice" as he says. I really didn't care much to talk to him. I was fine without him. I opened up the text messages as they kept saying "Why didn't you answer my phone call?" "Where are you?" "Hello?" and so on. I hated when he was like this, does it really seem like I want to talk to you? I rolled my eyes, and replied back. "Sorry, was in a meeting with a teacher because of my grade." Oh great, can't wait for his reply. NOT. I grabbed my iPod out and plugged my headphones in and put it to my favorite song. Daughtry-Life After You. I hummed along to it in my head and smiled, I absoulutely love this song. I got a text message back from Criss saying "Oh okay, I'm sorry." Here we go with the conversation dead again. This is gonna be a long class.

The bell rang, and school was finally out. I was so happy. I grabbed everything I could, and zoomed to my locker, I still had my iPod in my pocket, and headphones in my ears, but I didn't care. I wanted to get out of school! I went to my locker, and as I ran, I saw somebody standing there. Who could that be? I thought. As I got closer, I realized it was Joey. A smile grew upon my face. He seemed awful happy, I didn't think I was the cause of this. I walked up to him and kept the smile. "Hello again." He said smiling. I laughed. "What are you doing here? Don't you have a girlfriend you should go to?" He shook his head at me and raised his hands up in the air. "I'm a free man." In my head all I could think about was "Oh my god, he could be mine, but then what about Criss?" I couldnt stop thinking about that now, and I just looked at him while was talking to me. "So do you?" he looked at me. I raised my eye brow, and snapped back into realtiy. "Huh, what?" he laughed at me. "Do you want a ride home?" I smiled. "Of course I do." he grabbed my books and we walked out of the school doors together. This was great.