4 : Suigetsu's Sword Hunt pt 1

Suigestu felt a strange sense of calm around him. Not the peacefulness that everyone regarded as calm, but the thought of slicing people, trees, rocks, mountains, in two with the new sword he was about to acquire. He felt...Suigestu calm.

"Ah!" He grinned, "What a wonderful day! The sky is blue, the grass green, the birds lively-"

"The sky is always blue."

"There is no grass."

"I'm shooting those birds."

Suigestu's gleeful expression dropped, "Can't you idiots be positive for one second in your life?"

"No." they all answered in unison.

Grinding his teeth in annoyance, Suigestu mumbled under his breath, "How pessimistic can one team be?"

Unusually, Karin got to walk next to Sasuke without being broken away from him by Suigestu. Because Suigestu, at the moment, was too in the zone to care about Sasuke and Karin.

Karin closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of being next to him. Just the feeling of his presence did wonders to her. It calmed her down and got her to focus on her mind. On the darkness and the light, on him and her. He brought her down to earth with a crash and dragged her to reality with a smile.

Her eyes reopened and she looked at Sasuke from the corner of her eye, remembering their conversation. Had he actually listened to her? Or had he already forgotten her words?

Karin meant what she said. Losing someone physically did not mean that the person had to be gone from your life forever. She firmly believed that, if Sasuke were to see Itachi as a part of him, and not a dead man, the burdens he carried would grow lighter.

"Someone should tell us a story." Suigestu said.

Karin broke out of her trance and glared at Suigestu, "What?"

"A story, I wanna hear a story. Karin, tell me a story."

"No."

"Why not?" he whined, and Karin scoffed at the man walking in front of her.

"I don't even have to answer that." Karin told him, and the blue haired man made a face.

Juugo looked back and forth between the dynamic duo. He wondered if there was ever a time where Karin and Suigestu had gotten along, or even tried to. Juugo thought, in a dysfunctional sense, that Karin and Suigestu were like siblings.

"We were enjoying a peaceful walk until you had to-" Karin stopped.

"What's the matter, Karin?" Sasuke stopped as well.

"A group of people are heading our way, their chakra has a dark feel to it, but it isn't large."

"Those might be bandits." Juugo said, and Karin nodded her head in agreement.

"Bandits are easy to beat", Suigestu told them, placing his sword on his shoulder, "Let me handle it. You guys can be the audience and cheer me on."

Juugo sat down, "Fine by me."

Sasuke stepped back, pulling Karin back with him.

"What?! You're actually going to let me fight them alo-"

"You wanted a sword. You get the sword."

Suigestu groaned, "Fuck you, Sasuke."

The bandits slowly appeared, with a hungry look in their eyes and battered clothes. The weapons they carried made Suigestu cringe. He got over arrows and katanas before he reached puberty.

One out of the group walked up to Suigestu and tapped his forehead, trying to taunt him. Suigestu didn't feel taunted, he felt amused.

These babies don't know what they're up against.

"Well Well well. What do we have here? You got money? Give us your money."

"How typical," Karin rolled her eyes, from the bush she was watching in. All their chakra combined could not even rival Suigestu's. Karin found it amusing, how irrelevant their deaths would be, at the hands of an idiotic water boy.

Suigestu felt his eye twitch, "No can do."

The bandit's eyes darkened, but it didn't phase Suigestu in the least.

"Don't anger with me, little boy. Give me your fucking money."

A sinister smile. He was ready to murder. "Nope."

"Then you leave me no choice."

The bandit's eyes glinted as he pulled his hand back and threw his fist as Suigestu. Suigestu rolled his eyes as the bandit leader punched him, and gasped in shock as his hand went right through Suigestu.

"N-no way, your face turned to water!" he stepped back.

"No shit, Sherlock." Karin grumbled.

Suigestu smirked then drew out his sword slashed right through the middle of ten bandit's bodies. The remaining seven screamed in fear, running away as fast as possible.

"Let them run, Suigestu." Sasuke told his comrade, noticing that Suigestu was about to end them as well.

Suigestu's eye twitched, "When did I start taking orders from this guy?" he mumbled.

His comrades stood up and dusted themselves, Karin spoke up, "Your sword is still working fine, why do you want to have it replaced?"

"Not replaced. I just want another sword."

"You're a greedy man." Karin told him monotonously.

"And you're a dumb bitch. "

Sasuke piped up, "Suigestu, stop teasing Karin and let's get going."

Karin grinned triumphantly, whilst Suigestu huffed and kept his mouth shut, strangling Sasuke in his mind.

• •

"Bandits are fun to play with." Their defeated enemies were all on the ground groaning in pain, screaming curses at the team that had clapped their ass.

Karin stepped over them to stand next to Sasuke.

"Here," a handkerchief was thrown his way. She kept walking, stopping in front of Juugo. The red gash on his tan chest, gotten from being too overconfident with a three - on - one match, had him wincing in pain.

"Bite," He gnawed softly on the flesh of the outstretched hand in front of him. Gradually, the pain subsided, and everything red, was gone.

Suigestu still had that smug grin on his face, "Where's the next batch? I'll take on every single one of you bitches who try to fuck with-ow!"

A smack on the face can go a long way. "This stupid sword better be fucking worth it else I'll boil you for dinner."

Sasuke said nothing as he watched her. During battles, Karin preferred the sidelines though she could put up a fight if she wanted to. And her role was so underwhelming that no one in the team appreciated her during. But after the battle, Karin would pick everyone up, dust everyone off, and get everyone back on track for the next.

Sasuke didn't know, but there was a ghost of a smile on his lips as he observed her.