A thousand miles between us now

I woke up and then sat up scared Pranet was dead but then I heard his heart.

I pushed his hair back and his eyes fluttered open tiredly.

“Hey”, he muttered.

“Hey”, I said trying to hold back tears.

“Lyric you can cry if you need to. Cry for me too”, Pranet said.

I sobbed and said, “What am I going to do without you?”

“Just live keep going win this and then do what you need to.”

I breathed in heavy breaths and Pranet rubbed my back and said, “Come here.”

I crawled into his arms and he held me close and kissed the top of my head.

“I love you Lyric.”

“I love you too”, I said.

He smiled and said, “Too bad it took 8 years of you being my best friend for you to say it.”

I looked away and said, “We were best friends without saying anything.”

“You were the only person I said remotely one word to I figured I at least owed you a hello whenever I saw you though really you deserved a lot more than that.”

I played with his hair and his breath started to grow heavy and I started to shake and he said, “It’s going to be okay Lyric stay calm.”

I nodded scared and he rubbed my back and then he groaned in pain.

I kissed his lips hard and he kissed me back his hand pressed against the small of my back and I felt his hand grow looser.

My breath became fast paced and I pulled away and those sweet brown eyes looked up at me and a small smile formed on his lips and he whispered, “I’m going to miss you but I hope I don’t see you for a long time Lyric.”

I nodded and then his eyes shut and his chest stopped rising.

I started hyperventilating and then sobbing and Weston pulled me into his arms and I fought him and he said, “Lyric calm.”

I screamed and Weston said, “Lyric quite you can’t scream.”

I cried and Jonas said, “Just kill her!”

Then I felt Weston drop me.

Was he really going to do it?

Then I heard him and Jonas screaming at each other and metal clanging.

Trentcame over and pulled me near.

His deep brown eyes looked into mine.

He was so quiet and I silenced a bit but cried on him.

He ran a hand through his dark hair and then I heard a moan and my eyes sprung open and I saw Jonas holding his waist and panting.

Then Weston said, “Lyric say goodbye to Pranet one more time we have to go.”

I crawled over to his dead body and said, “Pranet I always loved you and I always will.”

I kissed his cheek and forehead and then got up looking back at him tears rolling down my face and I felt my head spinning.

I was going to survive. Going to live so I could kill Aries for killing him.

“So we have to find Aries and kill her”, Weston said.

I looked at him and said, “Then kill each other?”

He looked at me and said, “Do you think it’s time to split up.”

I didn’t really want to be alone but I said, “Maybe.”

“Okay then we will. Go in opposite directions and hope something gets to each other before we do.”

I nodded and then grabbed mine and Pranet’s bag.

I hugged Weston and Trent and said, “You were really great allies. Especially you Weston. I hope you live if I don’t.”

He gave me a small smile and as I was about to walk away he shouted, “Lyric!”

I turned and he said, “I really am sorry about Pranet.”

I nodded and wiped tears away and said, “I’m really sorry about Elodie.”

He gave me sad smile before I sprinted off into the forest.

I hardly knew where I was going and then I climbed up a tree and shut my eyes.

My heart felt so empty but yet so heavy and barely hanging above my stomach.

I sighed and ran my hand up and down my bow and arrow.

I then felt the globs of dirt in my hair and the sticky blood of Pranet’s that stayed stained to my hands.

I remembered those eyes and everything about him but the heaviness I felt made my mind so dull.

The anthem came on and I saw Pranet’s face and I sobbed.

I then saw Baylor, both district 7’s, the boy from 8, and Jonas.

It was just me, Weston, Aries, and Trent.

I then heard a booming voice.

“TRIBUTES THERE’S A FEAST COMING YOU ALL WANT SOMETHING COME GET IT AT DAWN!”

I shut my eyes I wanted something yes but nothing they could give me.

Pranet.

I remembered his fingers in my hair and that first kiss so perfect in the dark.

I then remembered the funeral after the loss of his father and how distant he seemed after that.

I missed him. Just the pure feeling of him being alive. I wanted Pranet on earth even if he ignored me the entire time.

I then heard a cannon.

I shut my eyes and sighed.

3 people.

One day left it meant.

“I’ll try. I swear”, I said to Pranet’s ghost.

It wasn’t fair for Pranet to die for me and for me to not try. I owed him that didn’t I.

I then thought of Thayer and I wished I had him for just company.

But how could he even look at me again. He was probably wishing for me to die.

My eyes shut and I woke to a bright sun light.

I climbed down and slung the bags over one shoulder and held the bow and arrow on the other.

I then heard a cackling turned around and saw a fire.

I ran and saw it was leading me towards a mountain.

Aries.

I then heard a voice shout.

“Final two you are now in for the final battle.”

I continued to run and I thought.

Weston and Trent were dead?

Or was I fighting one of them?

I ran up the hill and then I felt a knife slide by my jacket.

I looked up and saw the green eyes of the devil.