Secret Keepers

"Hi!" I beamed as I opened the door for you.

You smiled but it was a bit half-hearted or so I thought. You slipped your arms around my waist and hugged me loosely at first then I hugged you back and you sighed before tightening your arms around me.

"I missed you so much." You whispered in my ear and kissed my temple.

"I missed you too." I whispered back and snuggled of your broad chest.

We haven't seen each other for two days. You have been busy with work on Sunday and I was absent for Eat Bulaga earlier today.

We stayed in that position for a while, standing by the doorway, holding each other close.

I took your hand when finally pulled away and led you inside the unit.

"Hungry?" I asked and you shook your head.

You were a little too quiet than usual, probably tired. You had a full day and evening. Well, you're always busy coz that's just how passionate and dedicated you are on your work, business and personal relationships.

"Pagod? Halika. Upo ka muna." I said as we walked to the couch.

You sat down quietly beside me and held my hand tighter.

"Water. Wait ikukuha kita." I told you and got ready to stand up but you stopped me.

"Wag na. Dito ka na lang muna." You sighed and made me sit down beside you again.

Your eyes lacked luster and your voice sounded sullen.

Bakit ba ang lungkot mo?

"Kumusta ka today?" I asked.

You shrugged. "Okay. Ikaw? Yung tuhod mo?"

"Okay din. Just stayed here the whole day. Natulog at kumain ng padala mo." I smiled but you didn't.

"I called you." You said in a way that hinted an underlying question. "Five times. Di ka sumagot."

"Sorry. Some of my friends came over so na-busy ako. I put my phone away so they don't get suspicious when you call or text then I had to clear them out of here before you came kaya ayun. Di na ako nakasagot talaga." I said.

"Your friends were here? Tapos di mo man lang ako pinakilala? Ayaw mo sila magduda pag tumawag ako or mag-text?" You frowned.

"You do text a LOT and you call like every fifteen minutes."

"That's not the point. Ayaw mo ba akong ipakilala sa friends mo? Kinakahiya mo ba ako?" You asked me sternly with a lace of pain in your voice.

"No! Of course not. Di ba nga secret pa na tayo? So far, you, me, Dean and Mama Ten pa lang may alam. Paano kita ipapakilala na sa friends ko?"

"You don't have to say I'm your boyfriend yet pero they should at least get to know me as the guy you're seeing or manliligaw mo." You scowled.

"And suffer their innumerable questions and relentless teasing when they find out that you see me here sa condo? You know I'm not very good in keeping secrets. So, no, thank you. Tsaka na natin sabihin pag ready na tayo i-share sa kanila or let's set a different time for you to get together somewhere na hindi dito. Bakit ka ba bothered? I don't need their approval to be with you atsaka, Love, if we want to keep this relationship a secret we have to keep the circle of keepers small."

"Okay." You smiled. Finally. "So... Love?"

"Gusto mo ba? Or Babe? Or Honey? Or Sweetie? Mahal? Irog? Sinta? Pancakes? Waffles? Sundae? Twister Fries?" I giggled and you chuckled.

"Love..." You said as you gazed into my eyes with a smile on your face and a glimmer in your eyes. "Gusto ko nang Love. Sarap sabihin ang pakinggan."

"Love..." I smiled back.

"Ano palang sabi nina Tatay nung sinabi mo sa inyo na tayo na?"

"Ha? Eh... Ano?" I bit my lip nervously.

"Hindi mo pa sinabi sa inyo?"

"Sinabi mo na kay Dad? Kay Daddy Bae?"

"Dad ha?" You smirked. "Oo, sinabi ko na."

"Di ba dapat sabay nating gawin yun?"  I asked.

"Sabay ba dapat? Gusto mo sabay?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Oo. Obvious ba? Kung nasabi mo na kay Dad, okay na yun pero pagsabi kina Tatay dapat sabay tayo."

"Okay. Punta tayo bukas sa inyo." You said.

"Agad? Kaya ba ng schedule natin?" I asked.

"Magagawan naman ng paraan. Pwedeng dun na tayo mag-breakfast. Agahan na lang natin." You suggested determinedly.

"Sige. Ikaw bahala." I agreed coz who can ever disagree to that look of certainty in your eyes.

"So tayo at mga families muna natin ang makakaalam?" You asked.

"Yes. The Keepers. Lakas maka-Netflix. Although ours doesn't involve a secret scandal." I grinned.

"Hindi pa." You smirked.

"Ano?" I laughed.

"Wala." You chuckled. "Pa-kiss."

"Kiss ka diyan."

"Sige na. Isa lang. Please..." You said with a little out and the most adorable googly eyes.

"Sige. Pero let's keep it PG." I giggled.

"Sure. For now." You smiled.

You cradled my face in your hands and  stared into my eyes as you caressed my cheeks before leaning in to lovingly kiss my lips. ❤️

*********
Unbeta'ed, not proofread and under the influence of antihistamines and cold medicines. 😷

Thank you for reading. 😊