Manhattan VIII

Maya's Pov.

Manhattan.
Full of wealthy people.
Full of shit too.
and full of crap.
Oh wait... I just said that.

I let out a frustrated sigh, looking at the sky. Not feeling in my best day. Manhattan is full of thick air. So different from NJ.

My feet were sore, I feel like a completely fail although I'm not. This happens to everybody right?.

Waking up at 7:13 am because my phone's volume was low enough for me to not fuckn hear the alarm. Being blessed by a pregnant godmother who was snoring in the other room, so I had to fly like an eagle to the bathroom, making a good disaster of myself, putting on a sock backwards, forgetting my little map of the bus routes, and leaving my breakfast for dinner. Yeah, I didn't have the time. Not to mention I don't know how to do my make up so I was looking ...

Like a joke.

That's how people looked at me at the printer company.

I got the wrong route and arrived 32 minutes late. The recruiter probably judged my tardiness and lack of style and sweaty make up.

- Ah... Are you here for te job?.- she said a bit rude.

- YES. I'm sorry I was caught up with the wrong route on my way...- she got tired quickly and asked me my name.

- Listen... In this company we're looking for people with skills and responsibility.- she was saying while gazing me from head to toe. - your interview was canceled due to your tardiness.

Crap.

-I'm new in this country I didn't know my routes and I was confused... - I started babbling cause I was desperate. I need this.

- Im sorry, we'll call you if something comes up.- she looked back. - Next please.

The bitch wasn't sorry.
I don't think I'm going to be called to.
I'm officially fucked up with sore feet looking at the sky and seeing the weather change so drastically.

- This is not my day.

If it wasn't for my brain... I blame my brain... It was thinking till 1 am of a certain man.

I wouldn't be so tired and probably woke up without help.

Now I'll probably arrive soaked cause the freaking bus hasn't arrived yet. I'm so stressed.

I looked at my watch. It's 9:41 am, and I'm starving.

I decided to go and eat at some Cafe since I was feeling a bit dizzy and I don't want to slip out in the streets.

After I ordered I pick up my phone from my purse. No missed calls. No emails from a job. No even a WhatsApp message.

This.Is.Depressing.

I sometimes become emotional when I feel too alone. When I fight and work my ass off for something and it doesn't result what I expected.

I've learned since a young age not to expect a lot from people. They might disappoint you. But when you work and chase something you cannot resist the hollow feeling.

I have an oblivious and sensitive mother. And a father that I can barely call him that.

I fight with my tears. I don't want to feel like this. I'm supposed to be strong and independent. Not needing help. But sometimes I understand people who make unreasonable decisions just because the depressing feeling. The need to someone might comfort you.

So I made the most irrational action in ages.

I called Draco.

From all the people I could call I just felt like he was the most interested in me. At the time.

It ringed several times. I was starting to regret this stupid and childish action but then...

- Maya?. - I sucked in a breath. Suddenly nervous and embarrassed.
I couldn't voice any words.

- Maya?. Are you listening?.

- Ahh... Ye- Yeah, I was just...- I sighed defeated. - I'm sorry for bothering. You must be busy.

At least I finished speaking well.

He sighed over the phone making me scared of this response.

- I was heading back from a meeting. Are you okay?. - He sounded a bit concerned actually. - Isn't today your interview?

- It was horrible. - I put my hand on my eyes trying to hold back my stupid tears.

- Cucciola, tell me what happened?. - I don't like the pity on his voice.

I'm really feeling like a stupid kid right now. Suck it up Maya.

- I don't want to really disturb you, Draco. I can...

- Where are you?. - He said a bit bored.

Since I don't want to bother him further I just told him the address.

- I'm coming. WAIT right where you are. - he told me over the line his breath labored making me notice that he was actually walking and unlocking his cars by the sound of beeps.

Wait what????

- Draco?.

Dead line.

- Well fuck. I've just told him where am I, guess I'll wait. I don't truly believe he's coming but...

- Miss, your toast, water and fruits. - the waitress placed the plates on my table.

I smiled not really animated to respond.

Through the Cafe the speakers were playing Calvin Harris Summer. Omg I hummed happily eating my melons. Music and food is the only thing that can make me feel good in this moment.

I was finishing my toast when when Sam Smith Money On My Mind came through the radio.

Oh boy. My favorite after Adele. I smiled brighter, but when I gaze to the front door my smile froze so dangerously that I thought my cheeks suffered Botox effect.

All easiness drained from my face, reminding me the reason he's here.

Here we go.

Hello baddies.
Want to know more?. Let's get this chapter to 10 likes and I'll publish the next one.