Chapter Three

3. Veracious Publishing 

The first time I met Darius Anderson it was during one of Tessa's bank robberies' that she dragged me along to. It was your simple every bank robbery; get in and out without any hassles. But, of course with me and Tessa nothing was ever that simple. You see, Darius was a lone mail sorter for Veracious Publishing, today's biggest newspaper in Spektris, who was looking to make it big. He just needed to find a way and he, being a pretty smart guy, knew that if he got the first ever clear photos of Duplicity and Tallulah, (though I actually preferred to call her Tally since Tallulah was a mouth full) than he could make it. So when he just so happened to be in the bank that me and Tessa were robbing he tried to take our photos.

Have you ever tried to take a photo of some cute stranger and once you actually work up the nerve to take it the flash goes off? Well, that's what happened with Darius. Once we both took notice of the lanky scrawny boy with thick framed glasses you could hear the spew of curses being spilled from his mouth; he thought he was dead. During that time all the newspapers had thought of me and Tessa as super villains, anti-heroes weren't a recognized minority yet, so it wasn't something we weren't expecting.

As identical copies of me continued to run around the bank shape shifted into guards to either get the money, hold down  the real guards, and contain the hostages and Tessa had thick tree branches covering all possible entrances both me and Tessa ...

As identical copies of me continued to run around the bank shape shifted into guards to either get the money, hold down the real guards, and contain the hostages and Tessa had thick tree branches covering all possible entrances both me and Tessa decided to have some fun. Anyway, as that was happening me and Tessa have put our undivided attention towards to cowering teenager who had to be around at least our own age.

Approaching him in slow deliberate steps and a smirk on my face I asked, "What newspaper?"

"W-ha--t?" He stuttered. I stood tall over the boy, my shadow swallowing him whole before I crouched down to his eye level. "Who's going to get that picture." Oh, he was scared, just like they all were.

"Veracious Publishing." He swallowed.

I tapped my chin in deep thought, Veracious Publishing wasn't too big of a newspaper. I was always in favor of a underdog though. "Tally" I called over my shoulder, not bothering to even look back since I knew she was already watching the scene unfold, "What do you think about having our side of the story told?"

And that's how anti-heros became popularized, Veracious Publishing got their start, and how me, Tessa, and Darius had become friends

No other reporter had ever gotten a picture of me and Tessa besides Darius, but that doesn't mean that Darius knew exactly who he was taking the picture of. We trust Darius with our own lives, though he really couldn't do much in those type of situations. But, it was the simple fact that he wouldn't be able to fully understand what it was like to have these abilities. No one really could unless they had "powers." That's why me and Tessa keep our identity to ourselves. Though we occasionally liked to give Darius an inside scoop on things that related to either one of us (anonymously of course) because other reporters either make us out to be too heroic or too villainous.