Nothing Lasts Forever

Laxina inhaled sharply, smoke filled her lungs. Watching the lambs she burned, she couldn’t help but feel guilty.

“Laxina Lath, daughter of Athena, asks the gods to please accept this offering. I’d like an audience with the Council,” she shouted.

A rainbow glowed as the dark night help intensify its color and beauty.

“Hello, Iris,” she sighed, trying not to show her disappointment.

“Oh Laxina, why the long face? Not who you expected?" asked the goddess, still radiating rainbows.

 “I want an audience with the Council,” she repeated brushing her strawberry blonde hair with her fingers.

“Zeus sent me to inquire why.”

“I have an offer. One they can’t refuse.”

Iris tilted her head to study Laxina. She stayed quiet for a minute.

“What kind of offer?” she finally said.

“One that will keep them alive.”

“The gods are immortal,” Iris said quickly.

“You can’t trick a daughter of Athena. I know as well as you do that the gods are fading. People have stopped believing in them. Only their demigod children are keeping them alive.”

***

Yeah, I know I suck. This is a Laxina flashback. I think that her side of the story is REALLY important to understanding the history and situation the Eastern Union is in. Well I like dedicating the chapter to the 1st person to comment on previous chapter (this applies to my other story as well)  Unknown_Goddess7  in this case. The continued version of this will be posted after a few chapters of Venessa. Do you guys think I should post a Laxina flashback every 3 chapters or whenever. Tell me what you think :)

I'm getting bored-Dunno what "published" books I should read. Any suggestions? Either comment or add me on Goodreads (name is Mariah Keeps Cool) and recommend the book. Hopefully will update this week. Hopefully.~Mariahkeepscool