Chapter Four - When Things Went Wrong

Happy 2nd JamLivesary!! (^_^)

===================================

James felt fulfillment upon hearing the thunderous applause of the crowd for his performance.

“James, he’s back” Tony said.

“Who?”

“The guy before. And he wants to talk to you again”

James knew his friend was referring to Mr. Villongco so he looked around for him. He immediately approached him when he saw him.

“Have you decided?” Aries asked.

The man is direct to the point. No beating around the bush.

“Yes and my decision is the same. I won’t accept it” James answered bluntly.

Aries smiled.

“We both know you need money, James. Your mom is sick and her condition is not getting any better. Soon she’ll need a bone marrow transplant. And when you accept my offer I’ll take care of it”

James’ eyes widened.

“How did you know that?”

“I have my ways, young man. I also did a background check on you and it’s good. No police records or anything that can damage a celebrity’s name”.

“I won’t accept it”

Aries sighed.

“Think about it again. You really need it. One week left, James. One week” Aries said before he left.

*He’s right. I need money so bad but how can I leave if my life is here? If my every reason is here? Ann is here.*

=====================================================================================

Ann is preparing her things for her ballet session when her phone rang.

“Hello, Mom”

“Ann, how are you?”

“I’m fine, Mom. How about you and Dad?”

“We’re doing great” she replied with a dull tone.

“That’s good” Ann felt nervous.

Ann heard a sigh from the other line.

“Ann, do you have a boyfriend?”

=====================================================================================

Jasmin watched Ann do her dance but Jasmin knew something is wrong. Ann doesn’t have her usual smile on her face. She keeps on making the wrong moves too. Jasmin clapped her hands once signaling Ann to stop.

“What’s wrong, Ann?”

Ann approached her coach and hugged her. Jasmin was surprised but also hugged back. Soon, Jasmin heard Ann sobbing so she rubbed her back to comfort her. When they broke the hug Ann started telling her problem with her shaking voice.

“Mom, called me a while ago” she started.

Jasmin nodded telling her to continue.

“She said I have to break up with James”

= FLASHBACK =

“When do you plan to tell us this? When the two of you are already married?” Ann’s mom asked.

 “Mom…”

“Ann, I’m expecting so much from you! How can you disappoint me?”

 “Mom, James is a great guy”